|| 二 ||

Chapter Two
TW: Douma being Douma, Humans being devoured, fear, swearing, gore

━━━━━━༺❁ུ۪۪⸙༻━━━━━━━
ᵀʰⁱʳᵈ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ᴾᴼⱽ

{𝙹𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚗 𝟷𝟾𝟸𝟽}

Morning had finally hit the Paradise Faith cult.
It was only five in the morning when Masako was suddenly awoken to her daughter shaking her awake.

"Mama! Mama!"
She whined, a clear pout on her face. Masako's eyes fluttered open and she turned to Bakucha, clearly confused. "What time is it?" Masako questioned. "I dunno." Her daughter backed up to allow Masako to have room to raise up.
The mother frowned and turned to her daughter. "Why are you up so early anyways? You usually wake up AFTER me." Masako rubbed her temples and blinked slowly, trying to wiggle her way out of sleep's tight grasp on her.
Bakucha fiddled with her thumbs, looking down as she avoided answering the question.
Masako rolled her eyes and just stared down at the young girl. "I'll let this one slide, but seriously, don't do this again because it's bad for your sleep schedule." Masako stood up with a loud huff and ran a hand through her hair. Her hair was surprisingly chilly, despite the warm room. Yet she didn't mind that.
She looked down with a smile as she noticed Bakucha clinging to her legs, looking up at her with big puppy eyes. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Masako laughed. "Are we going to Miss Nozomu's today?" She asked cheerfully. "You're going with Nozomu-Chan today, I have to go set up your party young lady."

Oh Nozomu. Formerly the teenager who brought her into this cult, is now the mother of two boys, only a year younger than Bakucha. Time surely flies by. Masako remembers the first day she came her incredibly vividly, as if it was only yesterday.
The young mother crouched down and picked up Bakucha, her arms wrapping tightly around the girl's waist and bum to support her. Despite being nine years old now, Bakucha was a small girl, smaller than girls her age. Masako didn't know why though. She was a healthy girl and she always ate three meals a day like everyone else, yet she's barely growing. She's slightly above the four feet line despite having tall parents.
"Okay baby doll, are you ready to go hang out with Nozomu and her boys?"
"Yes!" Bakucha happily exclaimed. "It's super early so you'll want to be quiet until EVERYONE in the cult is up, understand?"
Bakucha quickly nodded, a happy smile on her face. "Good girl. Okay. Let's go." Masako grabbed a bag next to the door and slung it over her shoulder before opening the sliding door quietly, looking around to make sure no one was up.

The halls of the cult were dim, and hard to see further down the hall. Masako squinted. She was a young woman alone with her child. She was vulnerable and she didn't want anything to happen to either of them. So she would have to be quick to get to Nozomu's room. With a fast glance around her surroundings before sprinting down the hallways. Turning the sharp corner before reaching the room to Nozomu's room.
She knocked quickly on the door.
Masako could only anxiously wait for someone to open the door as she continued to observe her surroundings, and make sure no men were walking around this early.

Masako's heard of some of the poor young girls who had been assaulted by rouge men during the night here, and she was not planning for her or Bakucha to be one of those girls. Especially Bakucha. Poor thing didn't deserve to experience that, especially on her birthday. Masako was determined to protect Bakucha from any type of harm  the world wanted to inflict on her baby girl.

The young mother was snapped out of her daze when her daughter tapped her shoulder, pointing to the tired lady at the door. Not only was Nozomu the mother of two now, she was pregnant, once again with her third child. The woman had her arms crossed over her bloated stomach and stared down at Bakucha. "You two are early. You couldn't wait a couple hours before bringing her?" Nozomu joked. "I'm sorry, she woke up early and she's too excited to go lay back down." Masako bowed as she laughed nervously. "It's fine, come on in." Nozomu ushers the two girls inside the room.