11

The day started off as usual with them. They woke up, had breakfast, went to school, were bored all day, then went back to the Mouri Agency. Christie suspected it to turn into yet another normal day, but a phone call between Ran and Sonoko turned it around.

Ran went to walk more to the side as she talked on her phone, but it seemed to be closer to a one side conversation, probably the other person rambling off about something, which made Christie suspect it was Sonoko talking.

Then, while Christie watched Ran, Conan had received a text on his phone, and her suspicion concluded. They had arrived at the next episode of the series.

"Well, guess it ticked over to the next one," commented Christie, turning to Conan as the boy went on his phone. "I take it it's a text from Suzuki-san about the KID heist?"

Conan blinked at her, taken aback yet another time, as he hadn't yet gotten used to her actually being able to predict the future, but he gave her a nod and hummed as he glanced back at his phone. "The old man seems to have challenged KID again now," he commented.

"Well, this'll be fun," smiled Christie. "First time I'll be able to witness an actual KID heist. One that doesn't have these consequences."

"Hm, ah, right," said Conan with a nod. "Don't think we can call the first one that."

Christie hummed in confirmation at the statement, but the two turned, seeing Ran walk over with a bright smile. "Do you two have any plans this evening?" she asked and knelt down by them.

"During the KID heist? No," answered Conan, shaking his head. Ran blinked at him in slight shock, and he smiled and showed her the text he got. "Jirokichi-ojisan sent me a text!"

"Ah, I see," smiled Ran with a nod. "So he's invited the KID Killer as well, hasn't he?"

"Yeah!" beamed Conan up at her.

Ran then turned to Christie and smiled at her as well. "Do you want to come as well, Christie-chan?"

"Of course!" cheered Christine in answer. "I would love to!"

"Great!" beamed Ran, clapping her hands together. "We'll leave at six, so be ready then."

"Alright!" cheered the two back. Ran gave them another smile before walking out the door and headed for the upper floor.

The two were left alone in the office again after she left. They didn't really know where Kogoro was, so Conan and Christie were free to talk normally again together.

Christie gave a faint hum and glanced down at her wristwatch. "Still over two hours left," she noted after seeing the time, then turned to the other again. "What do we do until then?"

"Dunno," shrugged Conan in answer. "Be productive?"

She gave him a deadpanned look, while he just stared back with a bored look. They sat there like that for a few seconds until Christie sighed and shook her head. "Maybe be a little more specific?" she suggested. "Productive how? Reading, walking, writing, speaking, puzzles?"

Conan just gave off another shrug, and Christie threw him a look. "How about you go help your girlfriend with some cleaning, so you'll actually be of help for her if you get married, and I'll stay here and video call Haibara-san and help her with her Norwegian, so she'll be even further ahead than you."

A blush appeared on the boy's face and he spluttered out words of denial or protest, or whatever he was saying, because Christie didn't understand anything at all. However, he soon stopped as he threw her a challenging glare back. "Oh, yeah? Then test me. I'll catch right up, you'll see."