𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

 Up above the grey sky, the dark clouds started to form in shapes. The cold wind started to pick up its speed, rushing through the tip of pine trees in the deep forest. The roaring noise from the dark cloud alerted the villagers to hurry back to their homes and stay safely away from the storm that was about to hit.

Suddenly, as if the small remaining light around the area was sucked away by something bigger, more powerful than any human could think of. So powerful that even the roaring sky went quiet when the sound of a huge pair of wings flapped through the air.

"DRAGON!"

Some of the remaining villagers on the small street screamed. He stopped mid-tracked on his way to the house, hesitating to run inside even though he had been told to seek shelter when the storm hit his whole life as the lightning in this area was severely dangerous and randomly struck someone to death before.

But in the past few months, villagers in Westeros had learned that there was something more terrifying and deadly than the storm.

"DRAGON IS HERE!!! RUN" the smallfolk shrieked. In a split second, the whole village hurriedly stumbled out of their house, completely forgetting about the scary storm.

It seemed like the gods weren't on their side today. The lightning suddenly struck in the middle of the small road that led to the other village, followed by the thunder that shook the ground and caused them to freeze on their feet.

Another roaring rumbled from the sky, but this time it wasn't thunder. Peasants felt their blood run cold when the white-silver dragon emerged from the dark clouds. It was enormous its shadow cast the darkness to fall upon the whole village. The dreadful stories finally came true. 

The story was about how villagers now looked up at the sky and wondered when their death would finally come to knock on the door. The story of how villagers were all afraid to look up and saw the ginormous beast appear from the sky, with the one-eyed prince on its back before he commanded the war dragon to burn down the whole village in the blink of an eye.

Today was the day for them

However, on the dragon's back wasn't a one-eyed prince.

Instead, villagers only caught a glimpse of a small body in a black leather gown, as black as the clouds behind her.

As black as her heart.

Her pale amethyst eyes were as cold as the grey sky in the mid-winter. No life, no light, and no hope left in those beautiful pair of eyes, that once the whole realm sang a song about. The dragon rider did not flinch when the lightning flashed inside the thick cloud around her.

She did not care about who won this dance, nor who would survive. This war had already cost her too much. The princess had watched her own family tear each other pieces to pieces. The ruling family of the six kingdoms decided to jump on their dragons' backs and killed each other over the ugly throne, the one that had already killed a few kings who sat on it.

This war had cost her family, her innocence, and her love.

And probably herself.

If they wanted to rule, then let them rule over ashes and bones.

The rider merely whispered. Her voice was rasped and weak, probably from the screaming and sobbing that she had been doing a lot since the war started. But the dragon heard it anyway. Silverwing knew, always. A few hours ago, the she-dragon had been roaring and spitting fire on the pine forest around her when the princess screamed out of her lungs, so loud that her whole body trembled as if it would shatter in pieces when she watched the love of her life died in front of her. As if the dragon could feel her excruciating pain.

"Dracarys"