An odd reunion

During his incarceration, his mind did little to maintain memories of his past life.

The accident fracturing his only means of escape from his concrete hell. But the worst part of his imprisonment was the fear that all of this suffering was pointless.

That he would spend the rest of his days here with the same tone playing over and over again.

No. No, it wasn't enough for them to keep him caged up like an animal but torture him to insanity.

So when talon came to his rescue, he was forever in their debt.

"Pay attention, old man."

A hooded masked man says annoyed with the old scholar as his eyes catch a butterfly in the distance.

"What magnificent creatures, they share an Interesting resemblance to the fairies I've seen recently." He says, ignoring the masked man's previous statement words.

"Just go scout out liberty park or something and let me do my job." He says angrily and the old man does just that.

He hums to himself as he floats observing his surroundings.

"I love how the homeless live. All rough and ragged, it adds a certain charm to the city. I like how the poverty here contrasts with the rich mansions and estates." He ponders to the masked man over his radio before his head begins hurting again.

He holds his head and groans slightly as hears a
faint giggle. It was the fairies again, floating about around his face.

He enjoyed it when they were around, they loved to tease and flirt with him.

"You little minx, compliments will get you everywhere with me." he says smirking as a
fairy in particular flies away from him giggling.

He flies after her leaving the park.

He finds himself being led to a nearby museum.

The fairy continues to fly away as he gives chase until it leads him to a woman looking at a painting.

He quickly hides and peeks around the corner. He gets a look at your face and his mind flashes through broken memories of you.

"A girl I used to... I used to." he tried to remember before reaper talks through his radio giving away his position.

"Where the hell are you?!" He shouts as you jump startled.

You look around scared before he gives in and reveals himself to you.

"O-oh hi, are you here for the artwork of Van Gogh too?" You ask nervous but grow more uncomfortable when he doesn't reply.

Assuming your being robbed you start hyperventilating.

"Oh shit." You whisper as you continue to hold your breath.

"Oh good, I was worried you'd gotten lost." He says
making you confused.

"L-look if you want money or something-" you say as he laughs abit.

"Ah, you always say such interesting things. Might I ask where your wings have gone?" He asks completely serious and you conclude that this guy a lunatic.

"I-I.." you say as the security guard finds you both. He points his gun at the taller man.

"Stop right there, what's going on here!" The guard shouts noticing the man's odd uniform.

"Hm, I can't help but feel as if I know you." He says
unfazed by the gun.

"Me? N-no You don't know me!!" You say fearfully.

"Sir I'm going give you to the count of three!" The Guard shouts at him as he thinks.

"Were you my assistant? my personal trainer?" The old man asks you.

"One!" The guard shouts as he waves him off.

"No, that's not it."

"Two!" The guard shouts again your eyes dart back and forth in a panic.

"Three!"

He pulls the trigger as the man quickly puts his hand up in the guard's direction, creating a small black hole and catching the bullets effortlessly.

"Enough! I can't hear myself think!" He shouts at the
guard and lifts him and throws him across the hallway.

That was your sign to start running and that's just what you do, looking over your shoulder frequently.

He throws an large statue, blocking your path to the main exit. You're forced to hide in the planetarium.

"So, here we are." He says floating to the ground and walking to you.

"What do you want?! Just leave me alone!" You shout sitting in a corner, covering your ears in panic.

"I just want to know who you are.." He says coldly.

"Y/N Y/L!" You shout. It was like a switch flipped in
his mind, remembering you all those years ago.

He felt his heart pound and his vision become blurry.

"Liefje?" He asks softly as you slowly open your eyes.

He begins to remove his helmet revealing his face to you.

"S-siebren?" You ask in complete disbelief looking up at him.

"I can't believe it's you, you look so..you look so different." His face morphs into a smile, tears escaping his eyes. He reaches a hand to you.

"I'm sorry for scaring you."

"Y-you're alive?" You ask still shaking, you slowly take it.

"I am, even though it didn't feel like it till now."

You hug him tightly, those old feelings of grief returning.

Everything about him seemed lost and worn, nothing like the man you remembered.