Chapter 11 - Terms I

~ POV: Richard Bower ~

As Kyla ran up the stairs, I watched as she left without another word. I know for a fact that she is not use to the idea of the boys or me being with her. I would want her to spend time with us, to just be with us without wanting to run from our very presence.

I will have to make sure she knows I am here for her. That I am not going away from her this time.

She'll have to get use to having us, as part of her family.

~~~

~ POV: Levi Bower ~

Kyla, sure doesn't want us around her. I don't even know how or when I would approach her. She seems so closed off from people. Is she normally like with the people she's comfortable with? With her mom? I might not know much about her, but I'd at least like to get to know her; or for her to know me.

But where do I even start?

~~~

~ POV: Christian Bower ~

I don't know if Kyla is just acting rebellious to dad, or she's just having a hard time getting use to the idea of us in her life. I know it must be hard. But we have to make this work in order to be able to be a family one day; it has to work. Where even was Kyla in the past 12 years?

I need to find more information about her, so that day or anyone won't get hurt.

~~~

~ POV: Kyla Bower ~

A sudden knock on the door, awake me from where I'm seated from the door. I didn't even realize that I fell asleep on the floor. My body must have been very tired, yet I only feel like I am mentally and emotionally drained. I stand to open the door, and find Ryder on the other side.

"Can I help you?" I ask warily, looking him up and down.

"Dad wants us to all to have breakfast together in the dining room. I came to come get you, since I thought you probably don't know where it was. So... yeah" he tells me as he's done rambling.

"Oh. Um... sure. Give me a sec" I tell him as I go to put on a pair of shoes. Closing my bedroom door behind me, I follow Ryder has he walks in front of me. Going down the stairs with Ryder, I being to feel my heartbeat rise a little in my ears. I don't get why I'm a getting anxious out of nowhere. I shouldn't care about them. Rounding the dining room, I stop in my tracks; getting takeover by my growing anxiety. Ryder must have sensed that I stoped because he turned to face me with his face tilted to the side, looking at me with curiousness.

"Why are stopping? Come on, we're all hungry," he tells me as he grabs my wrist and drags me with him.

As Ryder goes to sit with his brothers and dad, I stare at them quietly not knowing where or what to do. There are only two seats: one to the side of dad and another next to Elijah. Without anyones' acknowledgment, I make a beeline to the seat next to Elijah but not before stealing a glance at dad before; he had a hint of hurt in his eyes and tried to cover it up. thinking no one would see.

Sitting at the table with them, I don't know what to do with myself. I see as Ryder begins to fill his plate with food, Mason continuing to eat his, while both Levi and Elijah are engrossed in a conversation amongst them, as is Christian and dad. Not trying to seem so obvious that I'm looking at them, yet failing, Levi and I make eye contact for a brief seconds. Quickly, I advert my eyes and go to set food on my plate. I get some fruit, eggs, and toast.

As I go to. take a bite from my plate, I hear grunt come from across from me to see that it came from Mason. I look up at him, for him to then roll his eyes at me. I did.t do anything to hime for him to be rolling his eyes at me. Ryder must have seen Mason's action towards me because he elbows him on the side, receiving an "ow" from Mason. Not feeling hungry anymore, I just move the food on my plate mindlessly.

"You should eat something" Elijah whispers in my ear.

Still looking at my plate moving the food around, Ryder then says, "It's not good to have an empty stomach" and I see Levi nod silently. Somehow dad must have hear Ruder, since from the head of the table he sternly says to me directly, "Kyla, please eat something".

"I'm not really hungry" I mumble as an answer. "Well, you have to at least try" dad says once more.

"What are we even doing? " I utter as everyone seems to want to address my eating habits.

"Ok. Fine, if that's what you want" dad speaks to me with sarcasm. "You went out without anyone knowing, or with permission, Kyla. You went alone to a motel, when you could have stayed here; at home with your family. Still, I get that the news of grandma must have affected you in some way, so your not punish. At least not this time, but don't do that again. I just what to know why you went out by yourself? Why?" he continues.

"I just didn't want to with any of you. I wanted to be alone" I state honestly. "With that being said, I better get going. It was good meeting you all I suppose, or well again I guess, but this little family reunion is done for me," I voice as I motion to the everyone at the table as I stand.

"And where do you think you're doing?" Christian asks me.

"I'm going home, to my house" I answer him with confidence.

"This is your home, Kyla. With your family" dad adds.

"No. This isn't home, I don't even know you guys. You're just people I barely met" I say getting irritated.

"We are your family. Your brothers and me, as your father"

"No, because from what I'm getting out of this whole situation is that your just people in my way" I retort back to my dad firmly.

"Whether, you like it or not we're you family now" Elijah says nonchalantly.

"Well, I'm leaving. So you all can figure out what you're all going to do" I finish as I go to walk out of the dining room.

"What about the inheritance?" Levi questions. "I don't know, but I going" I answer him back. "Have you forgotten the terms? It's that we all live together or it nothing for anyone" he quickly says.

Shit. I forgot about the stupid terms. I attempt to recall Mr. Haydes words:

"You all must live together for a year in this estate."

~

~

~

A/N: Hello! How's it going everyone? Issue will be addresses next chapter... so who will be hurt then? On another note, who's your favorite character so far? let know if you have any suggestions or who's POV you'd like to see next? Till next time!

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter :)