☆ Chapter 19 ☆

When I came to, a lot of people were bustling around me. A familiar voice called me, and I felt a soothing wet cloth on my nape. My hand was in his. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Did we win?" I asked, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"The villains are unconscious. The Mafia will take care of them. There are a lot of our men bustling about here," he described the surroundings for me. "Even some from your class."

"Is Bakugou there, the blond?"

"He is."

"Please call him over."

He did, and Bakugou came without delay.

"Bakugou, I'm sorry," I said with my weak voice, "for making you solve that math problem."

"You idiot," he replied softly, "I solved it, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did." I smiled. He glanced at Chuuya and left.

"And you saved the hero society from its downfall," Chuuya continued smoothly. He didn't seem to care about our buzzing environment. I didn't either. It was just him and me. I just couldn't focus on more than one person. "I'm proud of you," he said before lifting my hand to his lips.

I heard car doors shut, and an engine ignited. People started to leave. "Let's go." Aizawa's voice called his students.

"I can carry her," he said as his figure loomed over us.

"I'll carry her," Chuuya responded and picked me up bridal style. Aizawa had no objections and also started walking off.

"And then right back to training," he said to the others.

"You'll need to stay in bed for a couple of days," Chuuya informed me in the same style. "Unless," he added in a lower tone, "you want to come with me to the Mafia."

"You said you'll wait for me," I replied after some consideration.

"I will. Oh, how I hope we'll be able to meet again in three years." Changing the topic, he added, "The Mafia and the Agency will do damage control. No need to worry your pretty little head."

"Thank you for everything, Chuuya."

"See you in three years."

~

Several people came to visit me while I was bedridden at the camp. Kunikida, Tanizaki and Yosano from the Detective Agency were the first arrivals. Yosano offered that she could nearly kill me and then cure me with her gift, but the boys were more than energetic to decline on my behalf. They also told me that Ranpo couldn't come because someone had to stay at the Agency and he would get lost anyway.

Dazai and Atsushi visited together, and I told them how my quirk had developed. Dazai was especially thrilled, more so because now he was convinced that I wasn't mad at him.

"Hey, now we match!" Dazai cheerfully pointed at my bandaged neck, torso, and wrists. That was true; my skin had to heal.

From the Mafia, only Akutagawa came to see me. "You remind me of Dazai," was his only reaction. We chuckled at that remark together. He didn't stay long.

Once I was allowed to move around more, I could attend the late-night study sessions Aizawa was giving to those who had failed their practical exams. I joined them every night to get my brain back on heroics. The others were constantly improving, and I didn't want to be left out of the loop. I had decided to become the best hero I could too.

For the last night, I could even participate in cooking and eating with everyone. I did my best to get closer to others, and with a bit of effort and a lot of annoying questions, I managed. Without even realising it, I felt more comfortable in class 1-A than in 1-B. One person was demoted to 1-B in the beginning of the following semester, but it's their story to tell. It certainly wasn't me.

By the time we left the camp, everyone's quirk had improved considerably, including my own. I ended up sitting next to Aizawa for the ride back.

This time he was so enthusiastic to converse he initiated the conversation. "You really weren't lying about your past."

I nodded. "I had to keep it a secret for obvious reasons."

"And I have to punish you for numerous reasons that we all know."

I remained silent at first but continued after a pause, "But I do know what you prevented by acting this way. Bakugou would have been kidnapped, several students injured, and All Might would have depleted his power reserves. Thus the society would have lost the symbol of peace, trust in U.A and eventually the hero system altogether. So please accept my sincere gratitude." He also managed a proper bow while sitting.

"Thank you to you too, Mr Aizawa." I bowed properly.