♡8♡

~Pregnancy Countdown: 17 Weeks (4 ¼ months)~

Unfortunately for Amity Noceda, her wife had to go into work to cover a certain lazy coworker. So, grocery shopping was left up to her. But, some fortune had smiled down on her, because her lovely wife had left her a list. So, to the market she went.

As Amity tries to shop, she struggles to find a few things on Luz's list.

'I wonder if they're human things...' she thinks to herself.

Her thoughts are interrupted when she feels a hand tap her on the shoulder. Turning around, Amity is surprised to find a cheerful-looking witch in a healing track uniform.

A witch she'd never met before this, though they weren't wearing a hexside uniform. So she guessed they weren't from Bonesborough.

"Um... hi?" she says in a questioning tone. The young witch waves at her. "Hi! Um, you don't know me. My name is Aurora." they introduce themselves to Amity, their emerald eyes sparkling. "I'm in the healing track at St. Epiderm. We're learning about pregnancy right now, and I was hoping I could ask you a few questions for homework."

The Abomination witch was too stunned to speak. As she stammers, trying to get an answer out, another witch approaches her. This one was a bit older, probably a fresh graduate.

"Oh! My girlfriend has been trying to talk me into having a baby with her. Is it painful?" He asks.

The two begin asking her more and more questions. Amity backs up a bit, trying to give herself space. However, the two witches kept coming closer, asking more and more questions. Soon, the mother-to-be is backed into a wall.

This is how it ends for Amity Noceda. With two teenagers pestering her for answers, and her slowly descending into madness. Amity shuts her eyes, awaiting her fate.

Game over

...

Hoot, Hoot.

Her eyes open. Off to the side, she spots the brown owl palisman belonging to her wife's mentor.

"Alright you brats, that's enough!" A familiar voice, belonging to the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles, says from a few feet away. "You two can stop harassing her now." The two teens look behind them at the Owl Lady with questioning faces.

"What? We're just asking questions. That's not harassment." The young boy says defensively. Raine appears at Amity's side, shocking her.

"So backing her into a corner and continuously talking at her to the point of visible discomfort isn't harassment?" Eda says with crossed arms.

"A pregnant woman can't even buy groceries in peace these days? Woooow!" Raine says with a disapproving glare. The teenagers back down, both grumbling about how rude the three were being.

Once they walk away, Amity chuckles to herself. "Wow. Um, thanks guys." She says. "Sorry, I just wasn't expecting that."

Raine shakes their head. "You shouldn't have to expect that." They tell her. "The fact that they thought they could just come up to you like that is completely ridiculous."

Amity nods. "Yeah." she says. "By the way, your Disappointed Look was a nice touch." Raine claps excitedly. "Thanks, I've been practicing."

Eda chuckles a bit. "Anyway, what're you doing out here by yourself Boots?" she asks Amity. Amity pulls out her list. "I was trying to do some grocery shopping while Luz was at work. Only problem is... I can't find anything on the list." She admits sheepishly. Eda takes the list and looks over it. "What the heck is 'tab-ass-co'?"