Chapter 12

The sky was dark and cloudy that day in Tokyo. Rain poured with the wrath of lightning and thunder.

"Hey, why are you looking so bothered? What's wrong?" A girl asked.

Nobita met her only few hours ago and before the class starts. He don't know any of their names and he doesn't care much at all.

He's kinda used of being ignored by his English school students and that's why he doesn't want to befriend anyone except the ones he already has.

Shizuka and others noticed him strangely as he avoided conversations with the new students. But he kept his promise though. He wasn't rude to them.

"Nothing. Just realised I didn't bring any umbrella." He lied. Well what else he should have said,' I don't want to associate with likes of you! Fuck off!' She'll think he's arrogant fool if he told that.

"Oh... neither do any of us. Don't worry about it." She said happily. Soon Shizuka approached them.

"Hey, guys? What's up?" She asked.

"Oh, Shinko. We're just talking about the weather and Nobita is all worried about not bringing any umbrellas." She replied.

"It's Shizuka." Shizuka corrected.

"Oh I'm sorry. Just a bad habit of forgetting everything easily." She apologized.

"It's okay. I don't mind it." Shizuka replied. "Your name is Haruka,right?" Shizuka asked.

"Wow, you got that right."

Shizuka smiled then looks at Nobita who already took his interest in the clouds. Something about it bothering him so much.

"Oh, I'll leave you to it. Gotta go, bye." Haruka said and left.

Shizuka waves at her and then again looks at Nobita. "What happened, Nobita? You're acting very strange."

"How so?" He asked.

"Well... I've seen you avoiding others." She said.

"I don't know about that. I just don't feel like talking to new faces." He said.

She nodded. "Okay. Wanna join us for lunch? We're going to canteen." She asked.

Nobita looked out of the window and nodded. "Sure. I'll-" he midway cut his sentence when something else caught his eyes. Looks like his eyes were playing tricks on him.

"Nobita, are you even listening? What's wrong with you?" He heard Shizuka ask him.

"Huh?" Was all he could say.

"What happened to you? You're dazed for a minute there." she wondered.

"I'm not alright. But it's nothing bothersome. Come on. I'm hungry." He said escorting her to canteen.

Well some people might thing why in the world he was being so nice to shizuka after what she did . It was simple he just don't want to hold a grudge about something that happened more than 2 years ago , he had already forgotten about the necklace incident on her birthday.

It bothered shizuka alot. She wanted answers and she will definitely get them but when the time is right.

Right now she is just happy to spend time with his friend, only if he was only a friend.

AT THE CANTEEN

"Yumi, why are you like this today? All edgy and all. What's wrong?" Suneo wondered.

Yumi took a huge bite of her sandwich and glared at him. "I said what, Foxy? I'm fine." She almost shouted.