CHAPTER 1

As I make my way through the small opening in the garage, I can feel the fabric of my clothes brushing against the edges.

"Ah, damit," I hissed when I feel the cold glass pressing painfully into my hand.

Inside the garage, I see there is no car, but the sound of crunching glass meets my ears as I realize that the pieces are strategically placed for a reason.

I can feel my blood, viscous and heavy, as it falls from my hand, creating a sound like little raindrops against the glass on the ground.

The glass had caused a deep wound, and I feel a throbbing pain as I scan the area for something to stop the bleeding, like a piece of fabric.

This garage deviates from the norm.

On my right, the walls are lined with the usual tools of a garage, but on the left, these ominous-looking tools resembles torture tools.

I notice a few boxes on the ground, and when I open them, I encounter an array of colorful paints and tints.

With my unharmed left hand, I explore the box and find a piece of fabric with some paint on it. Despite feeling disappointed, I have no other choice than to take advantage of the opportunity to put an end finally to the bleeding in my hand.

I attempt to mend my injury with the fabric, however now it is becoming infected and I can feel a sharp pain in the afflicted area. Unfortunately, I don't believe I can come across a bottle of alcohol in this place.

I have the impulse to look around some more, and I eventually stumble upon a small wooden box. My heart is racing as I turn it around and see blood.

Blood?! I can feel every part of my body trembling, my clothes are drenched with sweat and my heart is beating at a sped up rate.

With a surge of determination, I open the box, causing me to jump and shriek in shock as the box crashes to the floor with a loud thud.

There is a finger, a severed finger, lying inside the box.

I gasped and put my hand to my mouth in disgust, my body suddenly numb with shock. I'm still gazing at the box, the finger inside making me shudder.

This guy is a psycho!

I begin to back away from the box, but I bump into a shelf and inadvertently cause a cascade of wooden boxes to tumble, some of which opens upon impact with the ground.

Eyes, more fingers, a tongue...

It joltes me out of my panic and quickly make my way to the garage door, only to hear it grinding shut. I turn around to find him there, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"So you sealed your fate."

"Hunter, don't hurt me. I'm sorry for barging in." I feel my body shaking uncontrollably as the faint, shaking voice left my lips.

"Evelyn, you're on private property. You're not allowed to go to someone else's property without permission. Why are you so nosy?" His voice is strong and unwavering, without a hint of guilt for the harm he is about to inflict on me.

"Who would possess these cruel devices and amputated fingers, eyes, and tongue stored in wooden boxes? Are you sick in the head, or a complete psychopath?" I try to force a brave tone.

His bellowing laugh fills the room, his deep chuckle reverberating off the walls.

"Eve, it is time for us to have a serious discussion. Let us go inside." He opens the door and makes a gesture showing I should go in.

"No! Let me out. No way I'm going in your house, you psycho." My fear is shifting into a rage, and my vocal cords quiver with the intensity of my words.

"Evelyn, shall I drag you in against your will? Or would you rather go in on your own two feet? You've got two ways to go. Time's ticking, you got 10 seconds."

He starts the count, his voice is steady and sure as he ticks off each number.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

I yelled "STOP" and feel a chill run down my spine as I venture into the unknown. I start walking towards the door, the sound of my footsteps echoing off the walls.

I'm filled with dread, knowing that death may come for me today. The look in his eyes made me shudder, as I knew he would torture me.

I need to find a way out of this situation, no matter the cost. I can't accept this kind of death in this wretched place.