Ch 13

Mario and Luigi walked around to find the seven colors of the Neon Eggs. They had learned to give the Bean Fruit to the Yoshis and the Yoshis would do the rest. So they went out to get Bean Fruit. After they collected enough, they went back to the movie theater. They had collected the Purple Neon Egg.

Mario commented, "Got one. And one is better than none."

They got the Blue Neon Egg right after that.

Luigi stated, "Got two now."

To that, the red clad plumber nodded. They got the Green Neon Egg.

Mario teased, "This one is more for you."

Luigi groaned, "Oh ha ha, very funny."

Mario smiled at his antics. Next, they got the Red Neon Egg.

Mario groaned, "Not a word, Weegie."

Luigi laughed, "Not a word, Malleo."

After that, they got the Orange Neon Egg.

Mario commented, "Number 5."

They got the Azure Neon Egg.

Luigi stated, "Second to last one."

Finally, they got the Yellow Neon Egg.

Mario breathed, "The last one!"

Luigi added, "Let's go show Boddle."

The brothers headed out of the movie theater and found Boddle in front of the sign.

Boddle stated, "Well done... I did well, asking you two."

Mario told him, "We were just happy to help."

Luigi nodded, "Of course."

Boddle put the Neon Eggs on the sign, making it shine.

Boddle gushed, "Thanks to you two, my sign is now complete. Marvelous!" He paused and gave them the last piece of the Beanstar. "As promised, here is your reward."

Luigi stated, "Thank you so much, Boddle."

Bobble replied, "It was the least I could do boys. You wanna come in and watch The Last Yoshi?"

Mario responded, "We'd love to but we got to get going."

The brothers waved farewell as they left the theater.

Luigi told Mario, "Too bad we didn't stay, we could've done our own movie."

Mario raised a brow, "Who'd watch a movie with us in it? I mean, what would it be about? Our origin story? We already been through that."

Luigi nodded, "Good point."

Mario patted his back, "Let's head back to the castle so you can see your boyfriend."

Luigi blushed out of embarrassment, "Would you stop calling him that?"

Mario teased, "No way. Your reaction is always priceless!"

Luigi groaned as the two had made it to Beanbean Castle. They headed inside. The Beanstar assembled itself.

The queen commented, "Hmm... So the Beanstar is finally back to normal..."

Lady Lima came in, "A message has arrived from Bowletta. I shudder to think..."

She pulled out the holoviewer once more. There was an image of Bowletta.

She was pleased, "Very good! You fools make fine scavengers! Now, I want Red and Green to bring that Beanstar to me! The drop point is at the far end of the ocean, at the crypt for cruddy jokes called Joke's End! You can't get to Joke's End by walking on the seafloor, so don't even try it, cretins. Come after you learn how to cross the sea surface! And don't lose the Beanstar on the way, butterfingers!"