ONE | SNATCHED

INDIGO BENNETT WAS USUALLY GOOD AT MINDING HER OWN BUSINESS. Growing up as an empath, she kind of had to. If she didn't, other people's emotions would start effecting her own, and well — an emotionally distraught witch wasn't something that people usually wanted to deal with. But as she stood outside of the Lockwood mansion, clad in the Edward Cullen graphic shirt she'd gotten for Christmas and a pair of hot pink sweat pants, she didn't have any choice but to be nosy. She was looking for Elena Gilbert, her little cousin's doppelgänger friend who always seemed to be in some sort of trouble.

Up until now, Indigo had been pretty adamant about being left out of the Mystic Falls supernatural drama. She was smart enough to know that staying away from vampires was the safest bet, especially since they were the reason her grandmother had tragically passed away. For the most part, everyone respected her decision...until now.

Apparently, something happened at the ball, and Elena needed someone to make sure she got home safely. And since Indi seemed to be the only one in town who hadn't gone to the masquerade, the job fell on her. Indigo didn't necessarily want to do it, but Bonnie had sounded desperate, and she figured it wouldn't take long.

She was wrong.

It had been fifteen minutes without any trace of the doppelgänger, and Indi was starting to get antsy. Indigo tapped her foot impatiently as she craned her neck, searching for the Gilbert girl. The event seemed to be drawing to a close, with people pouring out of the front door in droves. The influx of emotions hitting her all at once definitely wasn't doing anything to soothe her building anxiety. If Elena didn't show her face soon, Indigo was going to go back home. Although Indigo had about a decade of experience with controlling her power, it was still hard to control herself in large crowds. The last thing she wanted was to accidentally set the Lockwood mansion on fire from being overwhelmed.

Just then, her phone buzzed in her hand, drawing her attention away from the crowd. "Hello?" The witch answered without looking at the screen.

"Hey," Bonnie's worried voice invaded her ears. "Are you taking her home?"

"I can't find her. And if she doesn't show up soon, she's going to be shit out of luck." Indi clicked her tongue, squinting through the crowd.

"Indigo!" Her cousin hissed.

"What? I can't just keep standing here with all this energy hitting me all at once. I'll expose myself." She informed her curtly. "Besides, still I need to study. If I fail my Euro test I'll cry."

Indigo didn't plan on staying in Mystic Falls a minute after walking across the graduation stage. The only reason she'd even agreed to move to the sleepy town was to keep Bonnie company after Grams' passing. But Bonnie had been keeping her mind occupied with supernatural shenanigans, leaving Indigo to wallow alone in her grief, so she'd basically uprooted her entire life for no reason.

"Don't you think Elena's life is more important than your history grade?" Indigo could practically hear Bonnie's eyes rolling from the other side of the phone.

"Bonnie, my life isn't even more important than my history grade. Why didn't one of her boyfriends take her home?" Indi questioned as she resumed her search.

"She only has one boyfriend — Stefan. You know that."

"Yeah, well that's not what it looked like at the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. Elena and Damon were eye fucking each other in front of everyone. Not that I'm judging her...I would probably dip my toes in both ponds, too. They're both super handsome." She rambled.

Bonnie let out a soft snort. "Damon is a grade A asshole. It kind of cancels out his attractiveness. Stefan, on the other hand..."

As Indigo listened to her cousin speak, she noticed a man pacing back and forth with his hands tucked inside of the pockets of his slacks. It wasn't the tacky masquerade mask and top hat that drew her attention — he was a vampire. Indigo narrowed her eyes at the cold, familiar aura of death that surrounded him. She sensed that he was freshly turned, too, which meant that it obviously wasn't Stefan or Damon. So who was he?