Chapter Fourteen

Keagan

I reach forward, knocking on the door quickly and then shoving my hands in the pockets of my jeans as I wait, glancing down the hallway. The door opens and Kasia peers out at me, looking shocked at first. A moment later, her face pinches together like she is in pain and she groans, leaning against the door as if she can't stand on her own.

"Oh god, not another lost puppy dog." she says.

"What?"

Kasia shakes her head, already annoyed. "What do you want, Keagan?"

"I was an ass." I say, shrugging my shoulders. "So I guess, I am here to say sorry for... that."

"Wow," she says, that bright smile playing on her lips. "How long did you practice that one in the mirror?"

I scoff, unable to stop myself from rolling my eyes at her words. Every time she speaks it seems to light a fire inside of me. It is like nails on a chalkboard, making me want to jump out of my skin and yell at the top of my lungs.

"Can't you just shut up and accept the apology?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows. "Are you always this stubborn?"

Kasia cocks her head to the side. "Are you always this charming?"

"Yeah, It's one of my more redeeming qualities."

She widens her eyes. "You? With any redeeming qualities? This is the first I'm hearing of this. I didn't even think it was possible."

I smile, nodding my head and flexing my jaw. "I seem to remember you enjoying quite a few of my redeeming qualities."

A smile rests on Kasia's mouth, but despite that, she rolls her eyes. She pushes herself off the door so she isn't leaning on it anymore and takes a deep breath, her eyes serious as they look over my face.

"I know why you're here, Keagan. It's not because you're actually sorry for anything you said. It's because you want what your buddies got the other day when you weren't here. Why don't you just ask already so I can turn you down and move on with my day." she says, raising her eyebrows expectantly.

My lips part in disbelief as I stare at her face. A second later, her eyes widen and that annoying smile spreads onto her lips.

"They didn't tell you?" she asks, chuckling to herself. "God, you guys just keep outdoing yourselves. How many times are you going to prove me right about your lack of loyalty to one another?"

I clench my jaw tightly, my eyes burning holes into her face. But with each outward expression of anger that I show, Kasia seems to smile brighter, like she is gaining strength from getting a rise out of me.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be a team?" she taunts.

I step forward, pushing the door open further with a quick hand and stepping through the doorway. I hear the door smack against the doorstop loudly behind me, but it doesn't stop me.

"You're a fucking cunt, you know that right?" I say, my voice loud.

Kasia takes a few steps backwards, looking up at my face in shock as I move even closer to her.

"I didn't ask for any of this." I say, my face close to hers. "You came onto me at that party."

"You seemed like the easiest target." she says matter of factly.

I nod. "For your dumb little bet, right?"

She clenches her jaw tightly before responding, her face only inches from mine. "Yes."