III

Yeji saw Ryujin moving in, but didn't move away. As she felt the woman's breath ghosting on her skin, her brain was screaming at her to take a step back, but her feet wouldn't allow it.

Finally she lunged forward and captured the redhead's lips in her own. The kiss turned deep and passionate quickly.

Yeji marveled at how soft Ryujin's lips were, Yeonjun's were never that soft. Yeonjun! Yeji thought, breaking the kiss and hurrying back inside to find Lia.

"Why are you being so crazy?" Lia asked as they walked down the street, away from the bar.

"Because I have to wake up early." Yeji answered, stomping down the street.

"We were having a good time." Lia whined.

"At my expense." Yeji grumped.

"What?" Lia asked, confused.

"I should listen to my instincts." Yeji said, throwing her arms in the air.

"Yeji!" Lia called out.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"She kissed me." Yeji answered.

"What did you do?" Lia asked.

"I kissed her back." Yeji admitted, ashamed.

"What?" Lia asked in disbelief.

"I feel sick." Yeji said.

"Did you like it?" Lia asked.

"Lia, I'm not answering that." Yeji scoffed.

"I'm just curious." Lia defended herself.

"Don't talk about that, it's not about that." Yeji chastised her.

"I feel really weird." Yeji said.

"Because you like her?" Lia asked.

"Because I'm engaged." Yeji replied firmly.

"Oh please Yeji. You are the most faithful person I know." Lia explained.

"It will never happen again." Yeji shook her head.

"Yeji." Lia said, taking her best friend's hand.

"What about that time?" Lia asked, referring to the time Yeji had caught Yeonjun with another girl.

"I've forgiven him." Yeji said, hailing a taxi so she could go home.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Laying in bed, Yeji noticed her phone had started ringing.

"Yeonjun?" She asked, answering it.

"Hey, I just got to the hotel." He said, Yeji spaced out thinking about everything that had happened, Yeonjun cheating, her kissing Ryujin.

"Yeji?" Yeonjun asked.

"I want to get married in the garden." Yeji said.

"Okay baby, call the planner in the morning." He said, uninterested.

"I'm red-eyed, I got to go to sleep." He continued.

"Ok, I love you." Yeji said.

"I love you." He replied, hanging up.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ryujin woke up in the morning, searching for her work shirt. After finding it, she hopped in her truck and headed to the job site.

Slinging her toolbelt over her shoulder, she climbed the ladder and got to work. Shortly after, Yeji exited her home, several coat bags draped in her arm.

"Morning." Ryujin greeted.

"Morning." Yeji answered, not wanting to be rude.

"You didn't say goodbye last night." Ryujin said.

"I'm late for work." Yeji explained, putting the bag in her trunk.

"What do you do?" Ryujin asked, making conversation.

"I work in fashion." Yeji explained.

"Retail? " Ryujin asked.

"I'm an editor for a fashion magazine." Yeji answered, shutting her trunk.

"Does that mean you're the boss?" Ryujin asked.

"It's more complicated than that." Yeji replied.

"I'm the boss. This is my company." Ryujin said proudly, as she climbed down the ladder.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Knocking on the window of Yeji's car, Ryujin couldn't help but smile.

"What're you doing later?" Ryujin asked.

"I'm working late." Yeji answered.

"I'll be here until dark finishing up this job. I'll be done and you'll never have to see me again." Ryujin winked.

"Bye." Yeji smirked, backing out of her driveway.

Ryujin just chuckled, as she climbed back up the ladder and continued her work.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Yeji had a busy day at work, one of her models wasn't cooperating, and her assistant was asking all sorts of questions.

As the day went on, Yeji thought more about what Ryujin had said. She felt guilty about kissing the woman, but there was something about her that intrigued Yeji.

Besides, she knew Yeonjun had cheated multiple times, she'd only caught him once, but she just knew. He couldn't get mad at her for kissing another woman.

"I want to be home before dark." Yeji told her assistant as they finally managed to agree with the model.

"I'll wrap it up." Her assistant said cheerfully.