2.3

"Carlos, Carloooosssss, open the door!" Kaia said while banging on the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" he said

He opened the door to see Kaia dressed up in his hoodie and sweats. He loved it when she wore his clothes. She tried to kiss him but he gently swerved the kiss.

"Did you just not let me kiss you?" she asks with a hurt look on her face.

"....Kaia....you're here to talk and if you start kissing me, I'm not sure we'd stop."

She still looked hurt but agreed. "So, what happened? Why are you acting like this with me, my love?"

"Kaia, how can you not tell? The fucking media outlets can tell and you can't! Last night was an important night for you as far as I can tell, was it not?" he asks

"It was."

"Then, why did you not tell me about it? Why didn't you ask me to be there with you? Did you not want me there?" his head drops and he asks "are you..um...embarrassed to be with me?"

"Im sorry what did you say? me embarrassed to be with you??? Carlos, I love you more than anything. I've never loved anyone or anything more than I love you. I literally love you so much it hurts. I don't even think it's healthy to love someone as much as I love you. My Insta is literally a fan page of you. In what way, sense or form would I be embarrassed of you? You're the best thing thats ever happened to me, mi amor" and she gently kisses his cheek.

"Then why, Kai? Why didn't you tell me about the dinner? Why didn't you want me to be there with you?"

"I did want you to be there with me. But...."

"But what?.." he asks

"I don't know. I just thought you'd be busy and wouldn't want to come."

"Kaia, all I did yesterday was play football with my friends. That too because you told me you were busy. Otherwise, I would've spent every single minute with you. I want to spend all my time with you. I would've loved to come. I don't know why you think I wouldn't have. And the fact that you were actively hiding the fact that you were having the dinner from me and like I heard about it the same time as the rest of the world did - is just hurtful for me. What are we doing Kaia? Are we not forever?"

"Carlos, stop! We both know we're forever and always have been. It's just that sometimes it always feels like im running behind you. That I'm more invested in this relationship than you are. I just feel like the second choice sometimes. I know your first love is racing and will probably always be but idk I just feel bad sometimes."

"My angel girl, come here" and he pulls her into a hug "everything is second to you; you're never my second choice in anything. I love racing, I do. But it doesn't even come close to you. I would leave racing in a second if I had to choose between racing and you. I'm sorry I made you feel that way" he says as he gently kisses her.

"But Kaia...you should've told me about the dinner. I should've been by your side. I always want to be by your side."

"I'm sorry, Carlos. I know I should've. I honestly don't know why I didn't. I think my insecurities just got the best of me."

"Kaia Grace Astor, you never have anything to be insecure of. Firstly, you're the hottest person to ever exist. Secondly, you're my best friend. Thirdly, I love you so much that I'm actually obsessed with you. Fourthly, you quite literally could buy this whole planet. There are more than a hundred reasons, but the most important is that you're my future everything. You're going to be my wife, the mother of my children, the grandmother of my grandchildren and anything and everything else. Just give me forever, and you'll see."

"You already have it, my love." she says as she nuzzles into his arms.