Promise (tighnari)

It past the midnight time in Avidya Forest yet a certain forest ranger still cannot get himself to bed yet.

Bottles of ointment and herbs scatters around his study table as he mixing the new medicine he just invented today.

You quietly make your way inside his hut after noticing that the light still on. Figuring that he might overwork himself again, you want to take a look. Looks like your thoughts is right.

Tighnari is very good at what he does. He care about everyone but himself. That's a habit you trying to erase from the fennec fox breed man.

Tighnari is way too focus on producing the medicine that he don't realize someone has made it way to his hut.

All he know that a pair of arm wrap around his shoulder as the person behind him lay her head beside his.

"Why are you still awake, hm?"

This startled him and got the man spilled a bit of the potion he's holding.
He let out a sigh and turn his head towards yours to plant a soft kiss on your cheek.

"Should be answering that yourself"

He tease and put down his work to turn fully at you. You roll your eyes as you let him go and take a sit on his bed.

"Didn't I remind you to take care of yourself too? You always care about others that you forgot about yourself"

You state as you fold your arms looking at him. He let out small laugh hearing your scolding. He slowly make his way to you.

Once Tighnari is in front of you, he take your hand and lift up your sleeve to reveal the dark scale that is basically one with your skin.

The Eleazar that been hunting you since birth disturb Tighnari so much that he wilingly will sacrifice himself so that you can be cured.

You hold his hand, snapping him out of his thoughts. You let out a small smile.

"It is nothing....I live with it since I am born...even before I met you...I am doing just fine...no need to worry so much Nari.."

Your voice is gentle that his ears lean forward wanting to hear more. He sigh and take a sit beside you.

"I know there's no cure....but if I find a way that could make it bring less pain to you...I will gladly stay up day and night for it"

His words make your smile widen as you get closer and peck his lips.

"There's no need....my cure is already here..."

Tighnari ears straighten up in curiosity.

"What? Where??"

You chuckled and drag his ear playfully earning a grunt from Tighnari for being sensitive with his ears whenever you touch it.

"My cure is you...Tighnari...as long as you are here with me...I feel so healthy that I can jump as high as celestia."

Tighnari's eyes widen and blush begin to crep on his cheeks as he smile softly. He pinch your cheeks a little to hard for your liking.

"Ouchouch! what's that for??"

He smile. His hand turn from pinching your cheeks to caressing it.

"That's for making me fall for you over and over again"

He pull you into a deep passionate kiss.

That night become the night that Tighnari always love, you two chat happily for the night before falling asleep together on his bed.

His arms wrap around you safely as you hold onto him. He promise he will find a cure. He promise he will break you free from the curse of Eleazar.

It is a big promise. But nothing is too big compare to his love for you. And it will stay that way.