Birthday (Haitham)

Alhaitham take out another book out of the massive bookshelf of the Academia library and put it onto his tower of book he is holding with his other arm.

Most people celebrate day like this by partying and meeting up with people, but Alhaitham prefer to be alone and spend the rest of this day reading. He want to do what he truly want on this day.

After all, it's his birthday.

Alhaitham might not have the idea of celebration in mind, he do have someone particular that he wish to meet today.

He sigh as he take a seat beside the balcony of his house. The big windows display the greenery of Sumeru's landscape. The sound of birds chirping sounds perfect in Alhaitham's ears.

He lean back, taking the first book in his hand. The house been quiet since Kaveh been outstation and that is such a relief to Alhaitham.

If Kaveh is here, he might prefer to spend his book day in Avidya Forest rather than his own house.

Alhaitham put off his headphone and begin to read the unfinish books he been keeping for some time. He want to finish it all today if he could.

****

The smell of wonderful pastries come into your sense as you follow the trail to yours and Alhaitham's favourite bakery in Sumeru City.

You two would always spend your time there whenever there's a break between works.

This bakery is also the place where you two first met. You will never forget that day.

****

It was raining very hard on that day that even for a short trip from Academia to the bakery caught your clothes drench and can clearly squeeze the water out of it.

You never thought it would be this bad, if you knew...you would have stay in the Academia office than out here.

"And it's all just for the kunafa to be sold out"

You sigh heavily hugging yourself to gain some warmth. Suddenly, you can feel a presence behind you...clearly bigger and taller than yourself.

Your body froze when a cape suddenly engulf yourself and bring warmness to your freezing self.

You slowly turn your head to see a silver haired man looking down at you with no emotion on his face.

"You look like you are standing in the middle of snowstorm in Snezhnaya"

Was all that he utter before he went back to his seat which surprisingly just behind you.

You look at him flabbergasted with the stranger.

"I-I..th-thanks"

Was all you can utter before your body shaking from coldness. Seems like Alhaitham's cape is not enough to warm you up.

He stand up from his seat with a heavy sigh and walk up to you. He remove some strands of your hair that blocking your forehead before saying in tired voice.

"You need new clothes"

You look at him with puppy eyes not knowing what to do nor how to react. He sigh once again.

Wow...this man sigh a lot.

He pull your wrist and drag you away from the cafe. Putting up his umbrella, he still don't let go of your wrist.

"There's some clothing store two stores away from here. You going to be fine"

He says before dragging you to the clothes store and help you get sufficient warmth so you don't die from freezing.