1

A small grin tugged at the corner of his lips as Dan watched Meg dance from across the room. She was clearly a little drunk because she was struggling to keep her footing, either way, she was having a wonderful time.

Dan knew she liked him. He'd known since the moment they first met. He began being able to pick when girls liked him. Though instead of feeling excited, as most men would, whenever he'd notice it would fill him with a sense of dread. Or, maybe guilt would be a better word. He always got the feeling they were making a mistake. That he'd let them down, they didn't know what they were getting themselves into. In truth, they really didn't. He felt he was a lot more work than many people realised.

He didn't want to burden anyone.

He didn't want to embarrassed himself.

He wasn't sure if he was ready for anyone to see him in his entirety. What if she's disturbed. Repulsed. What if she tells people? He doesn't blame her. He felt the same whenever he saw himself.

"She'd understand." He told himself as he gripped his drink a little tighter. But, that wasn't the only problem. Something else felt wrong about asking her out. There was nothing wrong with Meg. She was beautiful, charming, and kind. The two of them got along brilliantly as friends, why not as lovers?

"She likes you. She's going to ask eventually."

He downed the rest of his drink.
"Let's get this over with."

He began walking towards her, ignoring the growing pit in his stomach. He kept his focus on her, despite what felt like thousands of eyes on him. He knew no one was looking at him. That was until she turned and smiled apon noticing him.

He reached down and squeezed her hands, making eye contact best he could. His words caught in his throat and he stared at her until he managed to ask, "Wanna get out of here?"

The next thing he knew her arms were wrapped around his neck, and his lips pressed to hers. Tangled in a mess of naked limbs in his unmade bed. He felt so out of place under her. Despite his quiet protests, she was dedicated to continue. Eventually he caved. He followed along best he could, allowing her to take the lead.