Zyro in Wonderland | Chapter Four: Old Enemies

He throws me into a indent and I stare into his cold eyes. 'Now I'm finally going to fill my swear... But, with Dormouse and Hatter I have something to live for.... Can I repay my debt by killing him? Is it even possible? I mean, Absolem said only Alice can slay the Bandersnatch!.... Well, I can try right?!' I try to jump up, but he slips his nose under my shirt and I freeze. W-What is he doing? He sniffs the scar on my stomach, then licks it gently. 'But... The Bandersnatch's saliva heals a wound he made..... Why would he?.....' After a moment he pulls his nose out and stares at me, his ears flattened guiltily.

Rrrvv?

Is he trying to talk to me? "W-What are ye doing?"

...

I look into his eyes. Back then they were red, weren't they? Now they're blue..... Did he do it under the control of the Red Queen, with no ability to control his actions? "Did you..... Mean it?" He shakes his head.

"What is it doing? Bandersnatch!" The Red Guards. He looks over his shoulder, then to me.

Rrrrvv.

"I-I can't understand you...." He lays on his stomach, and after I stand, he uses his tail to put me on his back. He stands and turns.

"What is it doing?"

"It has the March Hare on its back."

"Is it turning traitorous?"

"I-I hope not..."

RAAAAAAAWRRR!

They scream and start running.

"Seize them both and execute them!" The Red Queen commands, I glare at her then shout to them all, being sure to enunciate.

"Alice has returned to Wonderland! And he has already retrieved the Vorpal Sword!" She gasps, then shouts back.

"Impossible! Alice could not have returned!"

"Oh, he has! Absolem has recognized him, so it's the definition of true! Ye better watch out, ye witch!" I pat the Bandersnatch's back softly. "Let's go." He nods and charges toward the wall, breaking through it easily. As he runs swiftly through the woods, I wonder.....

Is he still my enemy?

He stops when the sun starts to go down, and I jump off. "Thank ye, Bandersnatch..."

Rrrvvv.

"Did ye know that you did it?" He nods. "....." I turn to him and he sits on his haunches.

Rrrvvv?....

"You're asking for my forgiveness, aren't you?" He nods, closing his eyes. I reach up to pet his snout, but my hand is trembling.

They scream loudly, but I can only let my mouth hang open and my eyes widen.

"I swear on my life someone will come and save us."

"Kid?" The stranger nudges me.

"WHY DIDN'T HE KILL ME?!"

I lower my hand, then throw my arms around his neck. Tears stream down my face as I sob into Bandersnatch's chest. "Y-You..... You didn't mean it..... It was her fault!" I feel something rubbing my back, but I don't look. I just squeeze my eyes shut and sob until I fall asleep.