DND

/ Fluff / I wasn't able to find the artist of this piece so if you know please tell me ! 

They called every night so it wasn't a big surprise to either of them. It was such a tiny piece of information, so George had no trouble in letting it slip in the ears of his viewers.

"I switch my phone on 'do not disturb' every night so it's impossible to wake me up by my phone." He flips his phone upside down on his desk, skimming the contents over his desk as he mindlessly expresses his next statement.

"Unless you're Dream. I have it set so only Dream's calls are allowed."

He's silent for the next few seconds, not thinking about what he said, but when he looks up at his chat he can't help the warmth that blooms on his face. "Ok guys calm down, it's not that amazing." He reads each 'DNF confirmed' comment with a puff of laughter, no longer suppressing the smile that soon spreads onto his face.

George quickly moves on from the topic, finishing up his stream almost an hour and a half later. He takes the last few sips of water from his water bottle and decides to go refill it before heading to bed. The house is dark when he slips out into the hall, and he takes note of the eerie silence that flows around him. His phone flashlight guides him down the stairs and he turns it off once he's got the kitchen lights shining.

The fridge in their house had a water dispenser, but after George first drank from it he complained that it "tasted funny." So now Dream makes sure there are always water bottles stocked in the fridge. George takes a nice cold one from all the way in the back and pours it into his hydro flask, where it will stay nice and cold all through the night.

Twisting the lid back on, a sudden meow from beside him makes him flinch and he looks down to find Patches looking up at him with curious eyes. He smiles at her, "Hey girl." He whispers, reaching his hand down for her to sniff before she rubs her face against it. He takes that as his cue to pet her, scratching at her ears and running his hand through her fur.

"I'm guessing your dad is asleep?" He asks her expecting some kind of response, in which he gets through another meow. He gives out a laugh, picking himself back up so he can grab his water bottle. "How about you sleep with me then, hm?" He stalks out the kitchen watching as Patches follows him and he returns to his phone camera again before switching off the lights.

Patches beats him up the stairs, rushing ahead of him into his room where when he enters, finds her kneading a spot at the end of his bed. He smiles down at her as he closes his door and quickly changes into comfortable sleeping clothes. When he's finally in bed it is just past one and George decides to scroll through TikTok before falling asleep, making sure to switch his phone onto DND in order to not be disturbed. Though when it's ten minutes later and the video he was currently watching is paused from an incoming call, he doesn't hesitate to answer it.

"Dream."

"George."

Only two words are spoken and the call falls silent, as if it were never happening in the first place. There's light breathing coming from the other end of the call and George can tell that Dream just woke up, or is fighting sleep.

"I thought you were sleeping?"

"What makes you think that?"

"My girl over here told me."

A light laugh is heard from Dream. "Oh yeah, she was talking to you?" George can't help but smile, turning onto his side and laying his phone on his pillow. "Yeah she did. I don't know if you know this Dream, but I am very fluent in the cat language." The laughter Dream lets out this time is heavier and contagious even through their call.

Soon they fall into a steady conversation where they listen to each other rant on about their day and where they plan the activities and videos for their future content. They were in their own world, each sprawled over their own beds relaxing into the safe space they created for themselves.

George brings a hand up to muffle a yawn so as to not interrupt the current story Dream was explaining. He throws a quick glance at the time on his phone, shocked to see that somehow, three hours had gone by and He and Dream still hadn't run out of anything to talk about.

Back when George still lived in London, before he was finally granted his visa and was able to move in with his two favorite people in the world, he and Dream would call every night. Not a sleepless night went by that the two weren't spending it together caught under the voice of the one thousands of miles away. So on the first night of George finally being in the Dream Team house, neither of them were surprised when they somehow ended up on another call, falling into familiar habits. Only this time they were only a hallway down from each other.

"Hey Dream?" He suddenly interrupts.

"Yeah? What's up?"

The brunet ponders his thoughts for a second, deciding whether or not what he wants to say is even worth saying.

"Why do we still make these calls..?"

The line falls silent and George hastily waits for Dream to answer his question. Unknowingly afraid for the answer he might be given and holding his breath as he hastily waits.

"...Do you not want to call anymore?"

George quickly sits up, bringing his phone to his ear as he scrambles out words to reassure Dream.

"No! No, that's not what I meant." He hated how vulnerable his best friend had sounded when he asked his question, hurt that he had made him feel that way. "I just meant like, why do we need to call when we're literally down the hall from each other?"

"You want to spend the night together?" Dream asks, and George can't stop the blush that spreads onto his face.

"Ok you didn't have to say it like that." Dream's laughter flows into his ear and his smirk is visible through his tone. "Sorry, I jumped at the opportunity."

"Yeah I can see that." George explains, rolling his eyes at nothing, but still keeping the smile that rests over his features. An idea pops into his head and the brunet quietly lifts himself from bed, making sure his door doesn't creak as he slowly opens it.

"George? You still there?"

George curses himself, forgetting to take the call off speaker and hearing as Dream's voice rings through the hall. "Shit-"

"Did I just hear my voice- George are you outside?"

George (punching the air right now) groans, upset that he was so careless and allowed his plan to fail so easily. Walking the short way to Dream's door, he opens it without a second thought, not bothering to knock.

"Way to ruin my surprise Dream." He says, finding Dream to be standing in front of his closet shirt quickly being pulled over his head and around his torso.

"And I'm glad I did," He responds while ending their call. "Otherwise you would've caught me shirtless in bed." George scoffs, looking to the side and muttering whatever as he tries to stop his brain from imagining a shirtless Dream in bed. "Awww, don't hide your face Georgie. You can think about me all you want." He walks around to the otherside of his bed and sits back against his headrest, opening TikTok on his phone.

George rolls his eyes again. "You're so stupid." He joins Dream on the bed, sitting close enough to him where he's able to see his phone screen and watch all the TikTok's on his fyp.

The atmosphere was comfortable, they were finally in each other's space instead of their own and it wasn't weird. It was almost nostalgic, familiar in a sense that felt like they were still sitting with one another on a phone call.

Time was just about to hit 6 am, and George took a glance at the golden light starting to peek through the blinds half closed over Dream's window. Finally, George let himself relax against his friend's side. Leaning on Dream's arm as exhaustion set in and he allowed his eyes to close.

Falling asleep next to his best friend wasn't the plan, but falling asleep with him is a habit he'll be glad to make.