Prologue

Florence 1494

Running like the wind the girl jumped from rooftop to rooftop. Behind her you could hear faint yelling, but that was the point. This girl was the reason of the yelling. With blood dripping from her hidden blade she quickly spotted an edge with birds on it. That only meant one thing, a hay stack.

She stopped herself from running by sliding with her running boots over the flat roof. She turned to her right where the edge was and ran forward not caring that there was nothing she could grip on if she jumped. While falling down she smiled while hearing some people gasp. "I love this feeling." The girl said as she felt herself hit the hay.

Dawn

My name is Dawn and right now I'm hiding from some guards. You should have seen their faces when that body fell down from the sky, priceless. Okay that might have sounded a bit weird, but hey anything to complete my mission.

The yelling became louder as they got closer to my hiding spot, by the sound of it they had one heavy guard. "Find him!" The guard yelled as some people started to run away.

Of course, him. This always happens, can't men understand that us women are just as good in fighting as man? I hate the way we have to live, good thing I joined the creed years ago...

"Search the hay as well!" Crap.

Footsteps came closer and I kept my eyes shut, just like always. Soon I opened my eyes and before I knew it my blade was inside the guards neck, blood covering my already bloody hand. The man coughed up blood and as soon as I pulled my hand back he fell through his knees on the ground.

I looked up with a glare, there were three normal guards left and as feared a heavy guard. I took out my sword and let it hang next to my body as I waited for them to make their first move.

Soon enough one of the smaller guys came at me swinging his sword upwards aiming for my head. I quickly brought my sword in front of my face as defense.

The clash of metal could be heard very loud. The guard his arm flew back with his sword and I saw a change. I quickly used my hand that wasn't gripping my sword and got my hidden blade in his neck upwards.

I ignored the coughing and gurgle sounds he was making and pulled the blade back making him fall on the ground.

I didn't get a break as the heavy guard swung his axe at me. I dodged to the side in time as he hit the hard ground. The axe got stuck between the rocks that created the walk way.

With a small smirk I buried my sword through his back and it came back out of his mouth. Pulling the sword out in one quick movement he fell to the ground.

The other two guards were now shaking with their swords in front of them.

"Come then." I said setting a step forward.

Their reaction was a loud "Aaah!" And they dropped their swords running away.

I placed my sword back around my belt as I walked into the direction of my house.

It took a while before I was back in a street with people. Most of them had ran away when the fight was busy.

Everyone needs to stop living in fear and stand up against the guards. Do these people not know they can make a difference? If just one would stand up....

Looking around I saw that I had entered the market. "A new sword would be good." I thought looking around for a blacksmith. Soon I spotted one and walked to it.

"Welcome, what can I do for you?" The man behind the counter asked.

I eyed around looking at the options. "Do you have  daggers by any chance?" I asked a bit curious. Never have I owned a dagger before, although the belt on my uniform holds a spot for one.

The man scratched his chin as if he was thinking. Suddenly he let out a sigh. "Not right now, we can get one ready if you like?" He suggested taking out a bunch of blueprints.

Some more days without a dagger won't kill me I guess. "Sure, is it possible to craft a Spanish dagger?" I asked knowing those are good daggers.

"Of course ma'am. It will be done in four days." The blacksmith said writing something down. He turned around and place the piece of paper on a desk near a young boy.

The boy was probably his son who helped in the store. It's a family business like all blacksmiths.

I nodded with a small "thank you" smile and left. I mixed into the crowd of people who walked into the same direction. Sure the roofs were also an option, but the roofs in this district are guarded.

Everywhere were you looked, guards. Keeping an eye on the people, making sure that when someone stands up, they die. This won't last for long, the creed will make sure that everyone of their commanders, dies.

Our way of living was hell, but the civilians didn't know or worse they acted like they didn't. Sure they are smiling an talking in the streets, but each day hundreds get their head chopped off. A punishment for even the smallest mistake you could make. Stand up, you die. Refuse or can't pay tax, you die. Get into a fight, you die.

This isn't a game, this is the everyday life. But I'm about to change it.