Maria's POV.

I didn't want to go to the court date because I wanted to spend my time away from Steven and his issues but unfortunately, as I was cleaning up my sisters house, James ended up coming over. He told me that I had to be at the court because I had some information that he was going to use against Steven I was confused on why James was doing this so I asked him he told me that he was just helping his client out.

But I knew he was lying. I also found out something very important about Amanda when I went to the club last night the person at the bar who said he knew he was Amanda's boyfriend. I was actually confused on why he was flirting with other girls if he was dating Amanda, he told me that the relationship wasn't really going anywhere, and he's been tried to break it off with her , but she just won't leave.

He said that he figures that she's only dating him because of his money but he ended up cutting her off. That's why she's trying to get custody of Emily when I found that out I was going to tell the judge but I felt targeted because James was trying to switch the situation , he basically made me look like a bad guy and when Amanda got full custody of Emily, I can see that Stephen was hurt.

When I went to my sisters house, I ended up doing some paperwork. I honestly wanted to call Steven and ask him how he's doing but I knew that he was probably upset after I made it look like he was a bad father when I was almost done with the paperwork my phone ended up ringing it was the rehab center where my sister is when I answered it I asked the lady if something happened to my sister she said no and that she just wanted to give me an update on her.

She told me that my sister is doing an excellent job and she started talking to the other people that go there. I honestly felt happy for her so I told her OK. She told me that it was also family day tomorrow and she wanted to know if I can get my sister's kids and her husband to come visit her I told the lady that I didn't know if he would want to go but I told her I would try after I ended up hanging up the phone. I called my sister's husband but he didn't answer, so I left a voicemail. I decided to see if Steven wanted to get a drink when I called him he didn't answer either.

The rest of the night I ended up watching TV but I was still thinking about everything when I woke up the next morning, I saw that my sister's husband called me back when I called her. She told me that he got my voicemail.

and the answer to your question is no I'm not going to take the kids over to see her. I don't want them to see her in that situation! He said to me.

You can't just keep her kids away from her she's doing better I talk to the lady she's in there by herself and I'm the only one who visits her can you please just think about it! I said putting my coffee cup down .

Fine I will I gotta go. I'm at work now! He said before hanging up.

I put my phone on the counter after I was done drinking my coffee I decided to go see Steven when I park my car into his driveway. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. I was going to leave until I heard a woman's voice behind me when I turned around, I saw that it was Steven's mother.

Maria. What are you doing here? she said coming up to the stairs.

I just came to check on Steven I want to apologize about what I said during court. I didn't want to make it look like I was calling him out! I said, hugging myself.

OK, pretty sure he's in his room. He hasn't left it since yesterday! She said open the door.

When I walked inside, the house was quiet I was going to go to Stevens bedroom, but I saw him sitting on Emily's bed, holding her teddy bear. When I knocked on the door he looked up. He didn't look down and asked me what I was doing here. I told him that I wanted to see if he was OK.

Why, so you can tell the court how bad of a father I am! He said looking at me.

Look, I'm sorry I didn't want to see those things, but James kept pressuring me, and making it look like I was calling you out! I said, crossing my arms.

Whatever it doesn't matter now my daughters living with her mom and I only get to see her on her birthday and summers, so thanks a lot! He said throwing a teddy bear .

I told him that this wasn't my fault. I explain to him that it's not my fault who had a baby with he then got up and said it wasn't my fault that he had a baby with Amanda but it was my fault that she got taken away he did and said that he doesn't know what my problem is he said that it feels like I have bipolar issues because one day I'm talking to him in the next day I don't even want to see him he kept yelling at me. He ended up saying no wonder why James left you I got mad so I slap in the face.

I yelled back at him and told him that when we dated he was the love of my life, and when we broke up, I was devastated I explain to him that I worked on myself and saw that I was better off without him. I told him that I never imagined to see him again . I also told him that he should've told me why he wanted to break up with me instead of lying and saying it was because he didn't want to do long distance. I also told him that he was a dirty pig for sleeping with me one night and then sleeping with Amanda the next day after I got done yelling at him, I told him that I was tired of it, and then grab my purse and left the room.