Chapter 15

We made it to class just as everyone was taking their seats and the new professor was setting everything up. Draco and I sat at a table with Aroura and Ron. When the professor turned to look at the class his eyes stopped on me and the poor man looked like he had seen a ghost.

I-isabella?

Um no sir, Im Y/N, her daughter. The man looked like he was about to cry but did his best to keep it together.

Alright class, my name is Professor Lupin. I will be your DADA teacher this year.

Sir, did you know Y/Ns parents?

No. We just went to school together and she looks so much like her mother that it caught me by surprise for a second. Professor Lupin never made eye contact with me throughout the rest of the class period and when class ended, he left before everyone else mumbling something about talking to Dumbledore.

Well, that was wired dont you think? Draco said to our group of friends

It really was. He seemed almost convinced that I was my mother and he never looked at me for the rest of class.

Lets just go to Care of Magical creatures so we can go to dinner. Im hungry

Your always hungry Ron. We all laughed at Hermiones statement before continuing to our next class. Halfway there Hermione grabbed my hand along with Aroura saying something about girl talk so Draco fell back with Harry and Ron.

OMG! What is going on with you and Draco?

Did he explain why he was being a total prick?

Will you two stop, for one, nothing is going on-

But you want something to happen.

For the last time I wasnt checking him out Aroura. And two yes he explained what was going on with him and he expressed how sorry he was. All of a sudden, we heard Draco yell

FOR THE LAST TIME IM NOT GOING TO HURT HER AGAIN. I DIDNT WANT TO HURT HER THE FIRST TIME. We turned around and before anyone could say anything else I grabbed Dracos hand, and we walked off to class.

What was that all about? Are you ok? I didnt get an answer through I just got a question of my own.

Did I hurt you when I ignored you the other day?

Well kind of but in all honesty, I was more upset about my parents that nothing else hurt at the moment but its not that big of a deal. Harry and Ron are just being protective. Harry because Im his only living family member and Ron because he sees me as a sister and even more so since Arabella and I are being adopted by the Weasleys. Is that what they were warning you about? Hurting me?

Yeah. I guess I didnt really think about how it would affect you that I ignored you.

Its ok Draco. You apologized and explained yourself enough. We continued walking to our next class hand and hand, but we could hear the girls scolding Ron and Harry. As we walked outside to Care of Magical creatures, I could see the rest of the class was there already. Draco and I walked past a group of Slytherins who were whispering things but to my surprise they werent about me, they were about Draco. He didnt seem to mind however, I kept getting this feeling that I was in some way hurting him. His friends were talking about him behind his back because he was with me. I tried to push the feeling away and focus on the class, but we were waiting on Hagrid. After a few minutes Hagrid walk out from behind the trees with an animal following behind him.

Can anyone tell me what creature this is?

Its a Hippogriff. Im not sure how I knew the answer to that, but I did. Everyone looked at me kind of surprised because I was a year younger than them and shouldnt have known that answer, but Dumbledore did put me in these classes for a reason.

Very good Miss Monroe. Would you like to come up here and give old Buckbeak a pet? I nodded and again, no idea how I knew what I was supposed to do but before Hagrid could give me instructions I walked up to the creature, gave him a bow, and waited for one in return. After a minute or so of waiting he bowed back and I continued to walk to him and pet him. I could hear whispers behind me and realized very quickly that all eyes were on me. Suddenly all my confidence was gone and my breathing became very shallow. Oh, this cant be happening here, not now, not in front of everyone. Without thinking I rapped my arms around Buckbeaks neck and buried my face in his feathers. As if sensing my anxiety he wrapped his head around me, picked me up by my robe, put me on his back and took off into the sky. I heard my classmates and Hagrid gasp in surprise and concern but being up in the air and feeling the wind rush against my face I didnt have a care in the world. I felt free, like all the weight I had been carrying was gone. I felt safe and enjoyed seeing Hogwarts from so high up. The wind was cold against my face, but it felt calming. After a few minutes we landed and all I could do was laugh.

That was very impressive Miss Monroe. How did you know how to do all that?

I have no idea sir.

It wasnt that impressive. Suddenly Goyle stood up and started walking towards us and I immediately tensed up. Im not sure if it was because of me or because Goyle didnt show Buckbeak respect but in a blink of an eye Goyle was kicked back. I started petting Buckbeak to calm him down while Hagrid went to check on Goyle. I couldnt help the chuckle that escaped my mouth though. Serves him right.

I really hope you guys are liking the story so far cause I really like writing it. If you have any suggestion's or idea's for year 3 let me know. I'm just about done writing year 2. Part of me doesn't want to kill Cedric but let me know what you think. Happy reading