Yukime

Ever since the Snow Fox Corporation became business partners with Mitsugoshi Company, Yukime had noticed a considerable improvement in her Corporations's profits.

As business partners, Mitsugoshi and the Snow Fox Corporation also regularly exchanged information about the locations of secret Cult bases and hideouts located around the Lawless City. Another thing Yukime was immensely grateful for; she took great pleasure in raiding those locations and slaughtering the Cult members gathered there.

Being a close working partner of Shadow Garden meant that Yukime had gotten to know the highest-ranking members of the organization on a more familiar level. She had meant and conversed with Alpha more than a handful more times, both formally and informally. She had also met Beta, Gamma and Epsilon several times - although the latter seemed unusually ardent about flaunting her large breasts towards her everytime. She heard that amongst the other Shades, Delta and Zeta were Beastkin, but it was best for her not to meet the former. After hearing about how she was violently strong and a true-blue wolf Beastkin that despised fox Beastkin, Yukime was secretly glad that she didn't meet her.

They had all told her, with no small amount of passion and fondness, about how Lord Shadow had saved them from Demonic Possession, taken care of them, trained them in magic and combat and given them new purpose in life. It was in Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Epsilon that Yukime found kindred spirits, considering that she too had been saved by Shadow multiple times. And judging by the way their eyes all shone when she recounted how Shadow had saved her and had worked with her as John Smith, it was clear that they found common ground in how wonderful and awesome Shadow was.

Life was good. But even with her newfound friends from Shadow Garden, Yukime still felt lonely. It had been a very long time since she had seen Shadow. From what she had heard from Alpha and Beta, Shadow was an extremely busy man. As much as she understood that, she still secretly wished that he would crash into her room and sweep her off her feet.

Tonight, she was alone in her room, sipping wine and sighing heavily to herself. Until her nose caught a very familiar scent...

She turned, and there was her beloved Shadow, standing at the window like Romeo in Romeo and Julietta. Oh, how romantic! (She was very glad that, because of her friendship with Beta AKA the famous author Natsume, she had received a free copy of one of her favorite books.)

"Good evening, my beautiful ex-partner-in-crime."

"SHADOW!"

As Shadow stepped through the window into the room, Yukime flung herself at him, hugging him for dear life. (She also made sure to press her ample bosom into his strong, muscular chest.)

"Y-you came..."

As Yukime cried tears of joy, Shadow hesitated, before slowly raising his arms to hug her...

Another surprise, huh...here I was thinking that Yukime would still be mad at me...man, these girls are way too forgiving...

"So, you've been getting along well with Alpha and the others?"

"Yes. They've been very kind to me, and I've loved talking to them." About you.

"I see." It's always nice to see girls getting along. Although, you should NEVER ask what their topics of conversation are, it's a sacred secret.

"They've also been feeding me information about the Cult and the locations of their secret bases. Together, we've been able to crush many organizations. But, you probably already knew that."

"Mmm." Beta reported to me the other day. These girls sure work fast.

They continued talking into the night, until Shadow stood up to leave.

"Wait!"

He turned to look back at her. "What is it?"

"Um...could you...tell me your true identity?"

.

.

.

"I promise I won't tell anyone."

.

.

.

Yukime bit her lip nervously. He still doesn't trust me after all, huh?

"Cid."

Yukime looked up in surprise. He had pulled back his hood and taken off his mask.

"My name is Cid Kageno."

The face that Yukime saw was a face that would've been considered utterly plain and unremarkable to anyone else who didn't know him personally. But for Yukime, for the Seven Shadows, for Nu, Lambda, Victoria, Rose Oriana, Alexia Midgar and Claire Kageno, he couldn't have looked more stunningly handsome.

"Cid Kageno...Thank you."