Alone in the new house

The bright sun shined into Sunny's new room. He doesn't really mind it though. At least it wakes him up. But that's the only thing he felt okay about since they moved to their new house. It felt lonely without his friends.
Every day felt the same to him. Wake up, eat breakfast, stay home, eat lunch, occasionally help mom with groceries or go to school, eat dinner, take a bath, and go to bed. And it repeats for him. Nothing interesting happened to him anymore.
It didn't help that the city was also really annoying. He couldn't spend a second without hearing honking and cars going by with a dash of people chatting in the streets.
Despite that, his mom felt fine about it all. He didn't attempt to make any new friends at school. No one would replace Kel's energetic and positive attitude or Aubrey's caring heart. Or Basil's soft and sweet smile and kindness.
Basil's probably who he missed the most. He doesn't understand why. He constantly dreams about him. Usually about saving him and hugging him deeply.
One day, Sunny has been doing the usual things he has done everyday. He went to school the same as he usually does and sat in his seat as usual. He didn't feel like learning anything today. He soon started thinking about headspace. How fun it was, despite it being a distraction. He was so busy thinking about it that he almost didn't notice the boy next to him trying to talk to him.

 He was so busy thinking about it that he almost didn't notice the boy next to him trying to talk to him

Amil said "You okay, Sunny? You don't seem to be fully focused."

Sunny turned to see him. It was Amil. He never really tried to bond with him. But yet Amil constantly called him his best friend. All he really knows about him is that he's a fan of biology, drawing, and creating stories. He seemed to be a creative person. But also seemed to have trouble controlling his emotions. Cause there were moments where Sunny saw him lashing out at the teachers.
Sunny just shrugged and chose not to say anything. Amil reached into his backpack which was filled with notebooks and drawing equipment.

Amil said "Wanna see my pictures? I worked hard on them."

Amil showed Sunny the pictures. Most of them were pictures of monsters. But there were some people here and there. Sunny looked back at Amil. He didn't really want to talk at the moment. So, he looked away and laid his head on the desk. Amil stayed there looking confused about what to say.

Amil said "OH. Okay. I guess you're tired today. I'll let you rest."

Sunny soon enough fell asleep. He felt alone again. He opened his eyes again and soon noticed he was back in Whitespace.