A Dark Shade Of Gray

Amil paced around outside the house. He looked at his phone and pulled up the dating app. No results. He soon thought the inevitable. Who could love someone like him. He's just gonna be alone forever. Amil tapped on the app and deleted it. He felt deeply salty tears leak out of his eyes as he placed the phone into his yellow hoodie. He then felt the rain come down.

Amil said, "I'll never find anyone."

Daniel said, "Not with that wimpy attitude."

Amil looked up in shock in the dark as Daniel walked into the light. Amil looked sternly at Daniel as he moved closer to him.

Amil said, "What the hell do you want?"

Daniel said, "You know. You're just as wimpy as Basil. Crying when nothing happens to you. Just a little pathetic baby-"

Amil yelled, "You practically abused Basil, and you say me and Basil react without reason!?"

Daniel said, "Well, you have a point for Basil. But not you. You're clearly weaker. More fragile."

Daniel reached for Amil's head. Amil felt nervous as Daniel got closer.

Amil said nervously, "W-what are you doing? Get away from me!?"

Amil backs away but then tripped on the wet sidewalk. Daniel pounced onto Amil and pinned him down.

Daniel said, "If you are alone, I guess no one is here to save you. That means you are mine. ALL MI-"

Daniel suddenly felt a basketball hit his face, and he looked to see Kel at the entrance.

Kel yelled, "Get away from him!"

Daniel said, "Oh. Now you care about him?"

Kel said, "Amil is just as much my friend as everyone else. Now, back off!"

Amil looked at Kel in light. Daniel noticed and pulled Amil up and held him so he couldn't escape.

Daniel said, "Do you really think the world's gonna let you find love? Do you really think people will let you hold them in open arms and date them willingly? The only way to find love is to take it. It isn't just gonna launch in front of you and launch at you. You must tame them. If you don't, you'll be alone forever."

Kel said, "You're wrong. Love isn't something you take. It's something you earn from being a good person."

Daniel pulled out a switch knife and readied to slice Amil's neck.

Daniel said, unhinged, "I tried being nice. I tried helping people. I even respected their boundaries and sold everything I had for them, but then they scrapped me away when i became useless. So, good luck telling me those damn lies."

Amil looked at Kel and Daniel in terror. Daniel was ready to kill Amil, but then he saw Amil's horrified eyes staring at him, begging him not to. Daniel kept trying to persist, but as he kept looking at his eyes, he became even more hesitant. Until he puts away the switch blade and pushes him in front of Kel. Amil landed in Kel's arms as Daniel ran away.

Kel looked at Amil and checked if he had any injuries.

Kel said, "Are you okay?"

Amil said, "Yeah. I'm fine... For the most part."

Kel said, "Oh, thank goodness you're okay."

Kel hugged Amil, wrapping his arms around Amil's waist. Amil felt himself blushing, and he hugged back. Kel stopped hugging and looked at Amil. Kel started blushing.

Kel said, "I guess there are some things I didn't know about myself until now."

Amil said, "What do you mean?"

Amil looked at Kel as he leaned closer to Amil's face. Amil's felt like he wanted to back away, but he also wanted to lean forward as well to see if something was gonna happen. Amil soon enough felt the sweet orange joe flavor lips of Kel against his own. It felt like fireworks in his brain were going off in a great release of hormones.

Kel and Amil kept on kissing as he heard the calming midnight rain around them. They stopped kissing for a moment, and Amil and Kel smiled and chuckled.

Hero walked over to them.

Hero said, "I see you two are getting along."

Amil and Kel looked at Hero and blushed in embarrassment.

Hero said, "Come back inside. You're gonna catch a cold in the rain."

Kel and Amil nod and head inside.

Amil said, "So, what do you wanna do?"

Kel said, "How about we play poker?"

Amil and Kel laugh as they walk back inside.