Aesthetics 2. Ivan the Terrible, His Sons and Other Relatives (for this story)

Yes, yes, I have a chart for that (please, scroll down for it)! 

Like Henry VIII of England, Ivan the Terrible married multiple times (six to eight, because some of his wives might have been the 19th century embellishment of a cautionary tale). Unlike Henry VIII, Ivan the Terrible sired at least four sons. Three of them were legitimate successors to the throne.

Tsar Ivan the Terrible died: 1584 (could have been poisoned). He died 7 years before the events of this story.

Prince Dmitrii (Son One) died: 1553 (drowned because of his nurse's oversight). He is not the boy-prince in the book and had died way, way before the events of this story.

Prince Ivan (Son Two) died: 1581 (killed by Ivan the Terrible in a fit of rage). He died 10 years before the events of this story.

Prince Dmitrii (Son Four) died: 1591 (slashed his own throat in a fit of epilepsy while playing a knife-toss). He is the murdered boy-prince in the story.

Tsar Fedor the Bellringer (Son Three) died: 1598 (of natural causes. I know, I'm also shocked).

Here is a partial, pruned family tree. It only includes characters relevant to the story. None of the portraits represent actual likeness, as they are 18th through 20th century re-imaginings of the 16th century nobles.