Chap 4: An Ending, A Beginning.

Following the source of the faint light i arrived at a house seemingly abandoned based on it's old appearance.

"Welcome." The person said.

"Y-you're the.. one who-"

"Correct, my child. I am the one who will ease your pain, the one who will guide you to the light, the end of your misery." The person said, the darkness covering his face only revealing his tall figure opening his arms up for me.

I felt scared and confused but at the same time i feel like it was safe to listen to him, after all.. i have nothing to lose.

And before i knew it, i followed him.

"W-what's your name?" I asked, my hands still shaking from for some reason i can't explain.

"My name is Sore." The man replied.

"Oh, my name is-"

"James." The man said, my eyes widened in shock as i didn't expect him to know my name. I was tempted to ask how he knew, but the feeling of insecurity stopped me from doing so.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere safe, where i will erase all your problems." He said, as we walk through the long hallways step by step, i noticed that they were surprisingly clean unlike how i imagined it would be from the outlook of the house.

Sore opened a door leading into a large room, the surroundings are seemingly empty with no furniture or pictures, the only thing inside the room were two in the middle as if the man already prepared for this meeting.

I sat down on the mat while Sore sat on the one opposite to mine. We sat there in silence for a second, the room wasn't dark but it surely wasn't bright at all with only candle lights around on the walls flickering every few seconds.

Finally, the man spoke.

"How has your day been, my child?"

Something inside of me cracked when he asked, my day? How has it been? For a brief second, I remembered everything. I look down on the floor where my hands were laying, noticing the bruises on my knuckles from fighting at school which had just stopped bleeding not too long ago.

"Terrible, as always." I said, gritting my teeth in grief and frustration.

"I see, would you please tell me why?" Sore asked, his voice gentle like a father trying to talk to his son, it suddenly reminded me of the one time my dad actually took me out for ice cream and to a theme park, but that was far too long ago. I decided that there was no harm in telling him my story.

And so i did, i began with my loneliness, then my feelings of always having nobody by my side, and then my problems at school or how much i missed my childhood. I told him, i told everything, to the point i almost couldn't hold my tears back because even i didn't remember i had so little to live for and how much i had to fight just to be left alone. Now come to think of it, i should have just ditched school long ago.

As i continued telling my story, Sore stopped me in the middle of my sentence by placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I understand, your pain cannot be expressed by words."

I lowered my head down, everything felt so painful even talking does, i was sure that if i kept talking i would burst into tears which wasn't nice to see. So i kept my mouth shut and only nodded.

"Those people.. they never care for you, they never protect you when you need them. Where are your parents? Always gone, i assume? Leaving you on your own to deal with the problems you never wished for. So painful.. my child, so painful.. just hearing about it hurts me as well." He said, taking my bruised hand and placed his on it. Only after a second he took his hand off, and to my surprise.. the injuries were gone.

I suddenly felt safe, a feeling of warmth and coziness hearing Sore's words. Finally, somebody who understand me, he could even feel my pain as his own.. I couldn't ask for a better friend.

"You need your revenge on them, cause troubles so big your parents have to regret never being there for you. Be so strong all the kids have to be aware of you, be so bad the only punishment the gods can give you is peace." He said, i didn't understand what he meant.. but i assumed he was right. His words and actions had a pull, a pull so strong that i can only listen and agreeing to anything he says without a second thought.

"Do you need something to let out your frustration?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes.. my feelings, they're just so bottled up.."

"Well, kill those who hurt you." He said, i flinched. Almost falling to my back, i got up with my eyes widened.

"W-what? What do you mean?" I questioned him, his words were like a comfort i haven't felt for years, though i just can't help but feel suspicious towards him. My mind was deep in thoughts, lost in my own mind.

"Yes, beat them to death.. or at least, near death. I understand your circumstances, James. You're worried that killing would get you into trouble, is that right?" He leaned closer to me, softening his tone of voice even more.

"Yeah.."

"But you hate them, right?"

"..Yes."

"They don't deserve life, right? After all they have done to you without a slight feeling of remorse or hesitation.."

".. You're right." I suddenly felt enraged. As if he was right, vengeance is just what i needed. At that moment, my blood boiled, my tears started oozing out against my will as i clench my teeth tightly trying not to break down in front of Sore.

"You need to be stronger, here."

Sore pulled a sword out from behind his back, i almost got up and ran the moment he unsheathed it. However, Sore's intention was to cut his own arm letting his blood fall onto the ground.

"Drink, my child. My blood has the power to make you strong, to give you the power of the devil."

Sore raised his hand above my head as i swallowed the drops of blood gushing out from his arm. I swore to take revenge on those who harmed me, those who didn't care for me, i will show them all what i truly am.

Soon enough, i felt a slight vibration inside my head as i blacked out right on the spot.

It wasn't a short night, i kept having dreams of my life if it continued going this way. I kept getting into more and more fights, my parents kept on ignoring me and leaving me by myself. I was tired, and i wasn't going to let my own life go that way.

END OF CHAP 4.