Realization [28]

"C'mon it'll be fun!" Kokona says, giggling she smiles at Y/n with a glint in her eyes, "Me and you! Just like it use to be, partners in crime. Well, now it'll be us finding crime." Kokona giggles, oblivious to the seriousness of the situation.

She remembers this, their discussion that happened a day after the video of Osana was posted and before all those murders...

"Ooh! I wonder what we could call are detective duo! It's got to be something original, hmm." Kokona thinks, rubbing her chin as she stares up at the ceiling,waiting for a comical lightbulb to appear over her head.

Someone's shoulder smacks into here, "Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush!" They say, in an apologetic tone, they turn back to look at her flashing her a smile. Amao? He had a red streaking on his trousers, starting from his kneecap to his ankle, he quickly rushed off.

"Maybe, we could be called twin drills or something like that..." Kokona mumbled, still deep in thought.

"Ugh, the weather is crushing today! Absolutely, crushing! It's raining buckets out there, how ever am I supposed to perform in such conditions! The world is my stage after all!" She hears Kizano's voice, passing by her and a masked figure covered in darkness follows him with that same devil mask on, holding a fake weight.

This isn't what happened.

Kizano didn't arrive at this point, he came 3 weeks later and Amao wasn't supposed to be here either. What's going on with her memories?

"H-hello...Y/n, would you like to...Hang out?" Oko's typical, timid and meek voice says, she can still hear Kokona speaking, she can see Osana sobbing and she spots Aso walking towards her, in swimming trunks.

"Up for a swim, Y/n? I love a challenge before my any tornament, I always tell my self even the greatest swimmers can drown. So, that's why practice makes perfect." Aso says, he isn't speaking normally in a sense, it's like there is some meaning behind his words. Is it a reference to something?

"Words, can hurt just as bad! I hate... Rejection." Osana sobs, Raibaru hugs her and Y/n assumes she's saying reassuring words.

"Well, if you're going out with them, Y/n. Don't forget your scarf!" Kokona beams, she wraps the scarf she knitted for her around Y/n's neck. She can't describe it but the scarf doesn't have that soft, knitted touch around her neck, that scarfs are supposed to have, she looks down to see a rope.

"Look at me, I'm Y/n, I'm commiting suicide!" Musume laughs insensitively, she looks to her side to see Musume pointing at her. Musume then, takes her phone out and the light flashes straight into Y/n's eyes, all Y/n can do is cry, knowing this is all her fault.

She'd carry this guilt around for the rest of her life.

The school hallway setting vanished and they were all in a room off darkness, with her at the centre.

The rest of them followed and they take their phone's out cameras beginning to blind Y/n's vision and she sees them all surrounding her laughing, laughing at her suffering.

"How's it hanging up there, darling?" Kizano chortled, it felt like something was pulling her up.

She heard them saying, failure, you did this and she heard that she was better of dead.

"OH. MY. GOD. Did you really think, you could play some dumb detective? Look around Y/n, we are a result of your mistakes!" Musume laughs, it echoes and the others follow her laughter. Musume's face begins to deform and the noose around Y/n's neck tightens, she begins to rise above the floor, hanging.

Y/n barely chokes out, "Just give me one more chance! I'll...Make things right!" Y/n's, head spins and she can't focus her vision.

"Y/n! The evidence is right in front of you! Look and remember us, it will help!" Kokona shouts above the laughter, and she's the last face she sees before she jolts awake.