•Chapter 18•

Chris lifted up both of the girls, one in each arm. Sherry looked around slightly, looking up towards the window. A small gasp escaped her throat when she spotted the two familiar figures in the window. Chris looked towards her, then followed her gaze to the window. Leon and Claire were up there. Leon had his gun in his hand while Claire used a tool to cut a hole in the window.

"Look! Leon and Claire are here! Just like Wesker said-!" Sherry pointed out.

"Claire..." Chris frowned at the sight of his sister, looking back at the girls. "We're all going to get out of here. Don't you worry. It's clear they've got a plan." He ran towards the wall closest to the window.

Soon, a section of the window was cut out. Claire pulled it back to avoid it falling and shattering. Then, she poked her head out of the hole, waving towards Chris and the girls. Sherry gained a smile and she quickly returned the wave. Chris returned the nod, a smile on his face as well. Yet Genevieve only held onto Chris.

"Chris! It's so good to see you're okay!" Claire called out.

"It's good to see you too, Claire! I knew you'd do just fine without me. But there's no time for chit-chat. I need you to get these girls out of this cell." He told her.

"You got it! Leon, lower me down a little!"

Leon grabbed Claire by the ankles, carefully lowering her down out the open section of the window. Chris got as close as he could to the wall. Sherry held her arms up, trying her hardest to reach Claire. Chris helped her step up onto his shoulder so she was able to reach. Claire gripped onto Sherry's hands and Leon pulled the both of them up into the room above. Quickly, Claire wrapped her arms around Sherry.

"I'm so glad you're safe... we'll get out of here. Just you wait." Claire kissed her on the forehead then let her go. "Alright, let's do it again."

Once again, Leon lowered Claire down. Chris got Genevieve onto his shoulder this time. Although, the girl seemed to hesitate, as if she didn't want to be saved from the very situation. She looked back down at Chris, as if to ask for reassurance. Chris smiled at her, setting his hand on her back to give her some stability.

"Are you going to be okay, Chris? You're coming too, right?" She asked.

"Of course. We're all going to get out of here. Someone's got to stop Umbrella for good." He smiled at her.

Genevieve gave a small nod, looking back up and reaching up for Claire to grab onto her hands. Claire gripped her hands and she once again pulled the girl up to safety. She let go of her once she was safe into the room. Genevieve stepped away from the group, staring down at the floor, still somewhat shaking with fear. Sherry looked up, then slowly approached her before throwing her arms around the other girl.

"Don't worry, Genevieve. We're going to make it out... and we can start over again. We can be friends for real this time. No more tricks or secret missions." Sherry told her.

"You... don't hate me? How?" Genevieve slowly returned the hug, tears forming in her eyes once again.

"Of course not. I know what Chris said... after what happened to your dad... I'm sure you were scared to go against your mothers orders. I understand, trust me. We can get through this together. You won't have to be scared anymore."

Genevieve paused for a moment, a smile finally appearing on her face. "Thank you so much, Sherry..."

"Anytime, Genevieve..."

When Claire managed to pull Chris out from the cell, the siblings were quick to hug each other as well. Claire had the biggest smile on her face. For the first time in the last few days, Claire finally seemed to have some sort of relief. This was the first sign that things might actually turn out okay for them in the end! Maybe she hadn't failed him after all.

"Chris... don't ever leave me alone again. I'm so glad you're alright." She said,

He took a glance at Leon, then smiled at her. "Seems you weren't so alone."

Claire paused, taking a look at Leon before smiling herself. "I think you might be right."

"Not to step in, but I think it's time we blow this joint." Leon said, looking towards the door.

"You're right. Here, Chris." Claire tossed her brother her second gun. "Kids, stay behind us. Maybe cover your ears. It's going to get loud in just a moment."

Just then, the group got into formation. Each one of the three adults, guns in hand, stood in a line. Leon stayed to the right, Claire in the middle, and Chris to the left. The girls stayed behind the adults, hand in hand as if they were saying they would protect each other from behind the line. Then, Claire kicked the doors open, immediately holding up her gun, ready to shoot.

Chris and Leon turned to their respective sides and shot the guards on either side of the door before they could call for anyone. Leon made a motion to turn down the right hallway. Quickly, the group booked it down the hallway. Since the shots could be heard, guards were on the hunt for them. They quickly followed after them, hot on their trail.

The formation would change. Leon was leading the group now while Chris made his way behind them all. Chris would shoot anyone who tried to sneak up behind them. Leon shot anyone that came from the front. Claire stayed right behind the kids, shielding them from any oncoming fire that may have come their way. Though, soon enough they would have made it down the hallway.

Once they made it out of the hallway, Chris pulled a desk and pushed it in front of the door to buy them some time. However, this would only get them into more trouble, considering where they were...

"Mom...?" Genevieve's voice could be heard meekly.