chapter 9

Marinette woke up to the sound of banging on the front door. Cat got up in a panic and rushed to the front door.

Marinette got up and followed him. Cat opened the door and there were three policemen at the door with a  warrant in one of their hands.

"Is there something wrong officers?", Cat asked in a confused tone as he scanned them. "Sir I need you to step away from the girl", the officer commanded.

"What? Why?", Marinette asked, looking around with a confused expression. "Sir you are under arrest for the kidnapping of Marinette dupain Cheng", the officer said as he handcuffed cat.

"What are you doing?! He didn't kidnap me!!", Marinette shouted in anger. "Ma'am you've been missing for a couple of days now. And your family was looking for you. They said you went into the woods and never came back out and we got an anonymous phone call explaining that he kidnapped you", the cop explained.

"Bs!!", Marinette exclaimed. "He didn't kidnap me I wondered onto his territory without his permission. So that gave him the right to do whatever he wanted with me.....since I was on his property. Correct?", She said in a sassy tone.

She gave the officers attitude and one of them didn't like that. "Excuse me miss you need to watch your tone", he threatened as he stepped forward a little. "Excuse me? Who do you think you are? I'm the victim here and I say release him now!!", Marinette commanded.

One of the cops sighed. "She's right", he admitted. "if someone wandered onto someone else's property it's only fair that they do whatever they want with them. Since it's their property", he added.

"Thank you!!", Marinette shouted. He glared at the cop who gave her attitude. "You need to get fired", Marinette whispered under her breath.

They uncuffed cat and cat rubbed his wrist and stood next to Marinette. "Excuse me.....I don't know who you think your talking to. I can arrest you for that!!", He shouted in an angry tone.

"I don't know who you think you are!! You better back off before something bad happen!!", Cat shouted, he rushed into his face and stood in front of him. Cat noir balled his fist getting ready to punch until he felt a slight tap on his shoulder.

"Hey calm down. He's not worth it.", Marinette said as he pulled him back. The cops left after they apologized for the cops rude behavior towards Marinette. They explained that they were gonna inform Marinette's parents of where she was located.

And she agreed. She was ready to go home anyways. "I'm not ready for you to leave yet", cat whined. "Cat noir.....I know but I just need to go home just to let them know that I'm safe", she explained.

"Ok", cat nodded. Marinette then walked out of the door. Marinette walked back into the forest and followed the trail. She felt this feeling in her stomach that something or someone was watching her.

She turned around to see Nathaniel. She screamed, "Nathaniel?! What are you doing here?!", She asked in a scared tone. "I'm here for you", he said while smiling.

Marinette didn't understand. He pushed her towards a tree and placed a cloth over her nose and mouth. She breathed in the chemicals that was on the cloth. She smelt it and then the next thing you know her eye lids got heavy and the last thing she heard was Nathaniel's low chuckle.