A new Season

If you were to have asked him a week ago what he'd be doing now, Noah would have told you literally anything except being back on the island that was supposedly destroyed so long ago.

But of course, nothing was predictable in this boy's story anymore, because as his eyelids lifted slowly, a bright blue sky opened up above him. Confusion and shock invaded his brain as he contemplated all the different ways he could have arrived here. Nothing came to mind, however, because the last thing he could remember was leaving school after the last-day assembly had concluded. After that, it was just fog and darkness that came to mind.

Noah sat up slowly, gazing around the territory. Just then, his worst fears came to life when he recognized the far too familiar face of Camp Wawanakwa. That wasn't the only thing that caught his eye, though. There were numerous other Campers–seemingly around the same age as him–stirring too. Some of which he recognized, such as the fellow former participants in the dreaded reality show, Total Drama. Others, though, he had never seen before in his life.

As everyone exchanged disoriented concerns, things like "Where are we?" "What are we doing here?" "Who are you guys?" "What's going on?" etc. The usual things to be expected when you awake on an island without any recollection of your arrival.

To Noah, it was blatantly obvious what was being set up here. Any moment now, Chris Mclean was going to pop up from behind a bush or tree, passive aggressively welcoming all of the Campers to a new season of Total Drama. In which case, the former participants would not have anything to do about it because of how they practically signed their lives off to the show.

Almost as if on queue, however, his shout began to echo throughout the island. "Good morning, new campers, both old and new! I would like all of you to report to the cafeteria immediately!" The speakers blared, causing most of the campers to flinch or jump in surprise.

The newer campers' confusion only seemed to further, which was fairly reasonable considering the situation they had just woken up in.

He watched as two old campers, specifically Trent and Cody, instructed three of the new ones where to go. It didn't take long to realize that the old campers felt a sort of obligation to assist the newbies with their direction to the cafeteria.

Noah sighed and fixated his gaze on the camper closest to him. It was one of the ones he didn't recognize, a pale blonde-haired girl with a backpack clinging to her shoulders. She was glancing around the crowd in bewilderment, clearly puzzled. Next to her was an equally confused boy with dark blue hair and some sort of black uniform.

Reluctantly, Noah approached the two and begrudgingly spoke up, "It's that way." He said, pointing to the distance past the two large cabins. It was only then that he noticed how large they were, irrefutably not the same cabins they'd stayed in before. "Past those two big cabins."

The girl nodded at Noah quickly, "Thanks a bunch!" She grinned, holding onto the arm of her companion and dragging him off in the direction.

Most of the crowd had cleared out by this point, and those who were left were almost all headed to the cafeteria, presumably, so he decided it was best now to obey Chris's orders and follow them.

When he reached where the usual location for the cafeteria would be, rather than the small mess hall he was used to the last time he was here, he was greeted by a large, almost school-like cafeteria building.

As he entered the building, the boisterous crowd was the most overwhelming thing in the room. Apparently nobody here knew how to be quiet and listen anymore. Instead of joining them in the constant chattering, he seated himself at one of the long dining tables where mostly new campers sat around him.