9. Run Away Together

"Tine is in danger," he says

I tuck the knife back in.

"What do your highness mean?" his words take my whole attention.

King Metawin stands up and keeps his hands on the table, "There are some rebellious teams, you see. It's all political. I don't know specifically who they are or what their plans are. But I got to know from an underlying that their target is Tine. They want to... remove him. If you get what I am trying to say."

He looks exhausted.

My plan disappears, and I totally forget about what I am here for. Instead, I am more interested and concerned about what he's saying.

"Your highness means... Prince Tine's life is in danger, and those rebellious people are planning to..." I don't complete my words because I don't want to say that word even.

"K-kill. Yeah."

"How did it come to this point?" I ask.

"It's the same power greed that I experienced years ago. I want to save Tine. I don't want him to be part of this mess. That's why I want your help." he says, looking at me.

"How can I help, your highness?" no, that's not the question I want to ask. "How can I help to save Prince Tine?"

"It's a serious matter. Bright, and I still haven't figured out who the rebellious group is. They are anonymous but create havoc outside the palace. So first of all, we have to figure out who they are."

"But it'll take time. We can't risk Prince Tine's life. Aren't we running out of time?" I ask.

"Exactly. I talked with a few people and came to a decision. My idea is to take Tine out of the palace."

"Huh?"

"The rebellions probably have their eyes on the palace where Tine is. If we manage to sneak him out and create a rumour that Prince Tine has disappeared, their attention will break. Likewise, we will be able to find who they are. Because one way or another, they will try to reach for news. While Tine is away from danger, I can work on figuring out who this group is and put an end to everything." he explains his plan.

"Will Prince Tine agree to this? Because he might try to stay and have the matter to himself." I reason.

"I will handle that issue. I will let him know the whole thing so he won't have any choice but to agree with me. Your duty is to sneak him out of the palace and take care of him with your life. One single harm to him and I will personally deal with you. Do you understand?" he asks.

Oh my...

"Yes, your highness. I will do as said."

I walk out of the room with that heavy load of responsibility. I was told not to say a word to Prince Tine as King Metawin would take care of everything. I only have to plan the escaping part.