February Challenge(Romance)-CLOSED

Ever wanted to try out writing romance as a genre? This month's set of prompts is for you.

We're challenging you to write a short story with a minimum word count of 1000 and a maximum of 5000.

Your story has to be primarily Romance, but it can be any subgenre you like. You have until midnight on 29th February(EST) to submit your entry.

Once you've completed your story and published it here on Wattpad, please post the link to your completed entry in the comments at the bottom so we know you've entered. If you don't post your link, or if you post the link later than the mentioned deadline, you won't be considered entered.

The interpretation of each prompt is entirely left to the writer, so we highly encourage you to unleash your curiosity and creativity with these prompts.

Co-writing is allowed, and it has to be a new story, not one that you've previously posted on Wattpad. English is the only story language we can accept as of now.

You can publish the story as a chapter of a short story collection if you have one of those.

Prompts

1. Frustrated with life on earth, two astronauts volunteer to go live on the space station as part of an experiment for two years. They might have escaped all their problems on earth, but can they make a relationship work?

2. "Are you two seriously back together again?!" your friends cry as they ready their weapons. The two of you try your best to deny it, but the national guard has already been called and all local governments have been alerted.

3. In a post-apocalyptic world, two characters are both on the run. When their lives cross paths, they decide teaming up could benefit them both – but does their alliance turn into something more?

4. Accidents in the science lab can go terribly...right. Write a love story about two unexpected characters brought together by their love for all that is rational - until the irrational feeling of love arrives.

5. In an alternate world, each person is shown who their one true love is by the time they're twenty-two. But the main character's birthday comes and goes, and they still don't know. Does this mean they'll be alone forever?

6. On a rainy day, two strangers take shelter in the same cozy café and strike up a conversation that leads to a heartwarming connection.

7. During a weekend getaway, two longtime friends discover hidden feelings for each other while navigating a series of misadventures in a charming countryside town.

8. In a futuristic world, a matchmaking algorithm pairs two individuals who seem incompatible on paper. As they reluctantly go on a series of dates, they discover unexpected chemistry and compatibility.

9. At a masquerade ball, two strangers wearing masks share a magical night of dancing and conversation, unaware of each other's identities. When the masks come off, they must find each other again in the real world.

10. A chance encounter on a train leads to an instant connection between two individuals. Over the course of a single journey, they share their deepest hopes, dreams, and fears, realizing they may have found their soulmate.

prompts by kth_disneyfanatic

Feel free to adapt these prompts to suit your writing style and preferences. Happy writing!

Good luck!