Chapter 2

The Autobots snickered amongst themselves, Optimus included, as Ultra Magnus stood. His leg still bled, some Energon now congealing in the cracks of his armor and the edges of his wound. He used his sword to stay stable, looking up and around. The charges placed on the walls were deactivated, occasionally sparking and emitting choked whirrs. They were duds.

A bot jumped down from their vantage point, holding a sniper rifle against their shoulder. They were a dark purple color, like Optimus's frame but lighter, with red optics and two solid steel knives at their hip. Elita-1. The military commander nodded to her as she passed, to which she barely acknowledged him. Optimus looked up at her, nearing the end of laughing with his comrades.

"Megatron's not coming back." Elita reported, "He thinks we destroyed the place."

"Good. Now, we have all this Energon to ourselves." Optimus said.

The special ops commander nodded. She looked at the subordinate Autobots and ordered for them to start draining the Energon. They quickly got to work, while the Autobot leader approached Ultra Magnus. The military looked up at him, seeing glaring optics staring at him.

"What the frag were you thinking, Magnus?" He snapped, "Megatron was supposed to be my fight!"

"You still act like a child, Opt—" He was stopped quickly.

"That's Lord Prime to you, traitorous glitch." The Prime growled, poking the commander's window harshly.

Magnus merely nodded, expression not changing in the slightest, and continued. "I was trying to save your life. This war wasn't started for you to become a martyr." He said.

"You and your honor. I can't believe that's what Megatron rubbed off on you." Optimus grumbled, turning away.

Before the military commander could snap back a remark, the Prime continued.

"No matter. We secured another victory against the Decepticons." He said, chuckling.

"Pathetically." Ultra Magnus muttered.

Optimus turned back to him, continuing – either not having heard the commander's addition to the statement, or ignoring it.

"They surely will be deactivated any moment now. We've deprived them of their resources, taken every drop of Energon they could've gotten, and chased them out of every city. It's only a matter of time before we win." He said.

Ultra Magnus nodded. The Prime looked back at the Autobots, who worked to slowly empty one of the giant tubes of pinkish Energon. It would take a good three or four days to empty them all, if they worked day and night.

"Elita-1, Magnus and I will return to base." He said.

"Understood. Have a safe drive." The purple bot said, lazily waving a servo.

The Autobot leader rolled his optics with a chuckle, then transforming. Ultra Magnus did the same, and the two Autobots drove away from the scene.

====== ====== ====== ====== ======

Megatron slowly rolled into an abandoned warehouse, right at the border between Iacon and Polyhex. He stopped, systems hissing and treads squeaking, and Bumblebee hopped off. Soundwave, Starscream, and three other Seekers hid in the shadows – Soundwave leaned against the wall, arms crossed, Starscream paced, two of the other fliers sat on the ground, and Jetfire leaned against the wall near Starscream. As soon as the Decepticon leader transformed, the others had mobilized, padding over to him. Bumblebee stepped out of the way, allowing them to talk.

"Is everyone okay?" Megatron asked.

"No injuries sustained." Soundwave said robotically, "You?"

"Just a few new dents, unless you count crushed hope as an injury as well." The Decepticon leader replied.