Cinderella

Once upon a time, there was a young woman named Cinderella. She lived in a kingdom with her selfish stepmother and her awful stepsisters, both treating her as a worthless maid rather than as an equal. She was forced to get up before dawn and work all day, all while her stepmother and stepsisters did whatever they wished. She was the one who cooked all of their meals and cleaned up after them. One morning, exciting news spread across the kingdom like wildfire. The prince was going to be having a ball to find himself a wife, and all of the maidens of the kingdom were invited. Of course, this would hypothetically mean that Cinderella would be allowed to go, but alas, her stepfamily had other plans.

"Cinderella, would you be a dear and make us dresses for the ball?" Cinderella's stepmother questioned.

"I suppose..." Came Cinderella's reply, "But when will I have time to make my own dress?"

It's not even as if Cinderella wanted to have a chance at marrying the prince. She didn't want to marry anyone, ever. She just wanted a chance to get away from her life of constant work, even if only temporarily. Besides, if she went, it's not like the prince would fall in love with her or anything.

Cinderella's stepsisters laughed as her stepmother spoke, "Since when did we say YOU were going?"

One of the stepsisters commented, "And even if you did go, you wouldn't have a chance with the prince!"

"You probably wouldn't even have a chance with any of the Prince's servants!" The other stepsister commented.

"Yes, because that's the only reason I could ever want to go. I couldn't ever want to go in order to escape the horribleness that is you three." Cinderella mumbled before speaking up, "I'm sure I wouldn't, and I most definitely care about that more than anything else."

Luckily for Cinderella, her stepfamily failed to pick up on her tone.

"Stop fantasizing about that and get back to work." Cinderella's stepmother spoke.

Cinderella did as told and went back to sweeping the floor. As the days went on, Cinderella found herself more miserable than ever, having to stay up way past midnight just to get the gowns done. The day of the ball finally came, and Cinderella's stepfamily were trying to be as rude to Cinderella as ever. However, these insults and claims all had to do with the possibility of her marrying the prince or anyone for that matter, something Cinderella didn't want to do. As the stepfamily headed out, they gave Cinderella extra things to do, seemingly to make sure she couldn't go to the ball if she tried. So Cinderella spent the first part of the night cleaning. As she finished sweeping outside, she found herself staring at the castle.

"I wish I could have gone to the ball..." Cinderella sighed.

As she spoke, magic swirled around and a fairy appeared.

Cinderella picked up her broom and got ready to swing.

"Who are you?!" She demanded, "And why are you here?"

"Darling, do not worry, for I am your fairy godmother." The fairy explained, "I am here to grant you your wish."

"But how...?" Cinderella questioned, setting the broom down, "I don't have anything to wear, and I still have to do so many chores. Besides, how would I get there?"

"Magic, of course." The Fairy Godmother smiled, "It only lasts until midnight though."

The Fairy Godmother tapped her wand on Cinderella's head, immediately changing her appearance. Cinderella's dress changed from a patched up dress to a beautiful blue gown, her shoes changing to heels made of glass. Her hair was taken down and was completely cleaned and detangled. The fairy godmother then tapped her wand onto the ground, creating a carriage.