chapter 1

1st year

“And that's why we want to be in gryffindor.” Sirius finished explaining to three other boys, me and Sirius had quite sharp jawlines, we both had grey eyes and high cheekbones, and the black family black hair. The first boy across from Sirius was Peter Pettigrew, he was a slightly plump, blonde kid. Too peters left was james potter. He had messy brown hair and brown eyes, he also had golden, thin, glasses. To Peter's right was Remus lupin. He was reading a book quietly. He had chocolate brown eyes with slightly messy light brown hair. He had a few scars on his arms and a big scar coming out from his shirt and up to his collarbone. And who am i? I am Lyra black the 2nd. My name is from a constellation and was my great great great aunts name. This is me and sirius’ first year at hogwarts. As you might have guessed already, I'm his twin sister. Sadly. We both hope to be in gryffindor. More Sirius than me. I'm quite scared to be in gryffindor. If we were to be sorted into Gryffindor we would be the first in the noble and ancient house of black. Yes, the black family still has arranged marriages, and hates muggles, muggleborns, and half-bloods. Oh and blood-traitors. Also families with squibs. Like the Pettigrews. They have quite a few squibs in their family. Or James potter. He's considered a blood-traitor.  Remus is a half-blood. And muggle-borns are witches or wizards that came from a muggle family. Muggles are non magical people.

“Well we better change into our robes, i'm going to go to the restroom to change.'' I say and grab my trunk. I pull out my robes and then leave the compartment. On my way there I ran into someone. “Watch out.” I yelled slightly. I didn't really mean to be rude but they shouldn't be standing in the middle of the hallway. It was a boy with ear length hair. His hair looked very greasy and he had a large nose. When he turned I saw a girl with bright orange hair, she had a lot of freckles and was fairly pretty.

“You didn't have to be so rude about it,” she said, clearly annoyed. As she said that I thought that she just shouldn't be in the hall blocking the way to the restrooms. 

“Well maybe you two shouldnt be in the middle of the hallway.” I snapped at her. She glared at me.

“Come one Severus, let's go.” she continued to glare at me. Severus? As in severus snape, the half-blood?

“Severus? As in Severus Snape? The half-blood? Of course. I assume you're a muggle then redhead?” I started making fun of them. I tried to be nicer over the summer because most Gryffindors are not mean but I just couldn't help it. They got on my nerves.

“So? What's wrong with being a muggle-born or half-blood?!” she yelled at me. I smirked at her, and severus grabbed onto her shoulder.

“Just leave it Lily, she's a black. I'm not trying to let her get away with it but she could seriously hurt you.” Severus whispered to her. I did hear him say that they’ll get me back but that's for the future. Lily lifted her chin and walked away. Snape started following her like a puppy and I chuckled at that. I continued walking to the restroom and when I got there I quickly changed. I quickly walked to the compartment and when I got there a lady with a trolley was there, it was filled with many sweets. Lyra grabbed a few galleons and grabbed 6 licorice wands, 10 pasties, and 12 cauldron cakes. She didn't eat any of it though, she put it in her trunk for the year. That's the only candy she'll get this year. Her mother and father said they cant go hogsmeade until 3rd year. When she sat down everyone had already gotten their sweets. “Are you going to get anything, lupin?” lyra asked the boy who sat quietly, still reading that book about magical creatures.

“Umm no, I don't have um…money.” lyra thought this would be a good time to be nice so she got up. 

“Well what do you want?”