63.VHS

Dad was picking up stuff in his room. "Now i want the full story" i say "fine" dad says. We go to the kitchen. I sit on the counter "ok so after you and billy drove off, me Jamie Jim and john parked and all got out, Brenner told me to get you, i told him to leave, which that pissed him off, Jim and john left and Jamie tried to get Brenner gone, Brenner took me inside and threatened me that if i didn't give you to him there would be consequences, i refused, two workers came into the house and tried forcing me to leave, needless to say that how shit got broken, all i remember after that is waking up in that room" dad says "he drugged you, the stuff he keeps in the syringes is a kind of medication that he made, as soon as it enters your neck your out within seconds" i say back "how do you know that much about the medication" dad says "i have some of it" i say back. Dad looks at me "i think you tried to fight back" dad says "most likely, but i don't remember shit" i say back. I look at my arms "it's spreading more" i say "i have to figure out a way to stop it" dad says. I feel a sharp pain on my side. I pull up my shirt a little to look at my side "fuck!" dad says "what" i say back "did he cut you with something" dad says. I look and see a long cut "maybe" i say back. Dad takes me to the bathroom. Dad wraps my side "that might take a few weeks to heal" dad says. A week had passed. Me and dad were sitting on the back porch. Dad gets up to get the mail. After a few minutes dad comes back. Dad sits in front of me and looks thru the mail. Dad hands me mail. I open it and read it. "Burn it" i say "why" dad asks "it's from mom" i say back "got it" dad says. "What's in the box" i ask "i don't know open it" dad says. I use my knife to open it. It had a vhs in it. I take it out it had my name and a date on it. "Um i think it's from Brenner" i say "fuck sake really" dad says "yep" i say back. We go inside and i put the vhs in the tv. We sit down and wait for it to start. It starts and it's me tied to a chair in the same room i was in. We hear Brenner talking. "Do you remember this" dad asks "not at all" i say back "look at your eyes, you can tell your out of it" dad says. We keep watching. Brenner makes me state my name. The same worker stands behind me with a syringe in his hand. We listen to Brenner talk. I try to get free. Brenner walks over and holds my head still so the worker could dose me again then it ends. "What, the, fuck" i say "that's why you don't remember anything" dad says. Dad takes it out of the tv and puts it on a shelf. "Don't forget the concerts tonight" dad says "oh shit glad you said that" i say back. El walks thru the door. "Hey el" i say "we need to talk" el says. We go to my room. "I'm leaving" el says "wait what" i say back "Joyce thinks it's best for us to move to California" el says "your fucking kidding" i say back "no, she thinks we'll be safer there, safe from papa" el says "did she think any of this thru, Brenner found me in California, so if he wants you he'll just check there" i say back "i have no choice, I'm leaving in an hour" el says "fuck. you better keep me updated on everything" i say back "definitely" el says. I hug el "don't forget numbers stick together" i say "especially six and eleven" she says "you got it" i say back. We go back downstairs and el leaves. "What was that about" dad asks "Joyce's leaving with el and her boys and going to California to live" i say back "so more danger" dad says "basically" i say back. A few hours pass. "Should we try to match outfits like we used to do" dad asks "fuck yeah" i say back dad laughs. We try to get are outfits as close as we could to matching. I put on black jeans and a black band tee of the band. Dad did dark gray jeans and a black shirt. We both put boots on. Dad put rings on and i put my bracelet on. "It's like old times" i say "no matter how old we get we still match clothes" dad says "well you did dress me the same as you so you wouldn't lose me in stores" i say back "god i remember your running off Phase" dad says "blame those colorful lights" i say back. Dad braids his hair and I go to the kitchen. I grab my fake id. Sadie opens the door. Sadie runs and hugs me "are you excited for the best night of are lives" Sadie says "you bet" i say back. Billy walks thru the door. Billy walks up to me "you look hot today" i say "not as hot as you" billy says "gross" Sadie says "I've seen you do worse things" i say back "that's different" Sadie says. Dad walks in "everyone ready" dad says we all nod. We go outside and see mom "hey dad think you can still run" i whisper "I'm not that old" dad whispers. Mom walks into the yard. I grab Billy's hand and we all run passed mom and get in my car. I roll my windows down. dad leans over and we flip off mom "fuck you price!" Sadie yells leaning up front to look at mom. I turn my music up and pull out of the driveway. I drive to the concert.