64. Concert

I drive for an hour. We arrive. I park and we get out. I lock the doors and we make are way to the front of the barn. Billy holds my hand. The security guard lets us in. We see people all over the place. Sadie heads straight for the bar. "Want in the pit" dad says "you fucking bet" i say back dad laughs "just asking" dad says. Not a lot of people were around the stage. Me and dad talk for a few minutes. A guy walks up to me "i need you for a minute" he says "I'll be back" i say to dad and billy. I follow the guy to the back of the barn. We walk outside. I see the band. "Hey jack" i say "thank god your here" jack says "i was told i was needed" i say back "yeah, i just wanted to see if you were here" jack says "fun" i say back. I light a cigarette. The rest of the band arrived. Me and the drummer violet talk for a few minutes. The guitarist fred was downing beer after beer. "It's his lucky charm to drink a shit ton before a show" violet says "i can see that" i say back. Jack hands me a list of all the songs they were going to play. I read the list. I fold it and put it in my pocket. "We're going to start in about five minutes" violet says "i should head back to my dad and boyfriend" i say back "wait a minute did you say boyfriend" violet says "yeah" i say back "god you have grown up" violet says "shut up" i say back violet laughs. I make my way back to dad and billy. I sneak up behind billy and wrap my arms around his neck. I kiss his neck "get lost" dad says "nope i was talking to the band" i say back. I take out the set list. Dad and billy read it. "So your friends with the band" billy says "you could say that" i say back. The main lights turn off and the stage lights up. The band walks on and the music starts. They start to play. People starts to crowd surf. The middle of the crowd became a mosh pit. Sadie made her way to me. Sadie looks at me and smiles "fine" i say. Me and Sadie push are way into the mosh pit. Me and Sadie have the time of are lives. The mosh pit stops and we get back to dad and billy. "The fuck was that" billy says "that's called a mosh pit my friend" i say back. A guy kept trying to get on stage. Security takes him outside. Sadie claps "you know that guy" i say "he was a dick to me at the bar" Sadie says. Violet whispers something to jack. Jack smiles and puts the mic down. Jack and violet hold my hands and get me on stage. "What kind of plan of yours is this" i say "why be down there when you can be up here with us" violet says. Fred walks up to me "one of your songs are on that list" jack says "seriously" i say back "yep" jack says. Fred puts his guitar on me "the hell is happening" i say "since Sam left I'll be your singer" jack says. Violet throws me a pick and i catch it "fuck it you only live once" i say "there you go" jack says. The beginning of the song starts. Jack sings and i play Fred's guitar. The song ends and i put Fred guitar back on him. I go to get off stage but violet grabs my hand "your not leaving that soon" violet says. "We have one more song for tonight" jack says the crowd cheers. "This song doesn't need a drummer" violet says. The song starts and me and violet dance around. Fred joined in then jack joins. The song ends and Fred takes his guitar off and jumps into the crowd. Jack and violet get billy on stage. Jack violet and some people in the crowd stared chanting kiss. Me and billy kiss. Fred gets thrown back on stage "welcome the love birds!" Fred yells. The crowd cheers. People stared to clear out. Me billy and violet hung out on the stage. Dad talked to jack and Fred. We go and raid the bar. I find shot glasses "hey billy want to see who can take a shot of vodka with no reacting" i say "why not" billy says. I hand billy a shot. We take them at the same time. It didn't phase me. Billy acted like it was the worst thing ever "how can you drink that" billy says "easy" i say back. Violet laughs. Sadie jumps over the counter "where were you" i say "fighting with that guy from earlier" Sadie says "need help" i ask "nope" Sadie says. "How old are you now" violet says "17, you" i say back "fucking 24" violet says "fuck your old" i say back "tell me about it" violet says. Sadie grabs a beer then heads back outside. "I'm going to borrow your girlfriend for a minute" violet says "ok" billy says. Me and violet go back to the back of the barn. We go to her car. She gets something out of her glove box. She holds up a bag of white powered "want to join me" she says "sure" i say back. She puts it on the hood of her car. She makes two lines. We do the lines. I make sure none was left on my nose. We go back inside. "You didn't kill anyone right" billy says "not this time" i say back. We go back to the stage. Violet turns music on. I wrap my arms around billy and we dance to the music. "Fun night" i ask "every night with you is fun" billy says. Dad walks up to us "it's 3:04 am we should head home" dad says "probably" i say back "i can tell your tired" dad says "how" i say back "just by how your voice sounds" dad says "your not wrong" i say back. I hug the band members. Violet gives me a note with her phone number on it. We go and find Sadie. We find her sitting in a tree "ready" i say "yep" Sadie says. We go to my car. Me and billy sit in the back seat. Dad drives and Sadie falls asleep in the passenger seat. We make it home. We go inside. Sadie goes back asleep on the couch and dad goes to bed. Me and billy go to my room. We change and get in bed. We fall asleep quickly.