CHAPTER FOUR

WINTER IN DECEMBER OF BLUSHING SNOWFLAKES, in Seoul, South Korea. It was the first time he ever saw Yoongi smile.

Jeongguk's friends held his two hands tight as they walk faster and faster. Jeongguk is not the type to really celebrate his birthdays outside, but his old friends insist of doing so. They led him in a restaurant too foreign for him. It's his first time seeing this restaurant.

"Ah-huh," he whined. "I'm really tired you know? Can't we do this to-" his friend shh him. "No, we do it now. Let's celebrate your birthday at least, Jung-ah will go to States tomorrow and we will all become busy again." His hyung, Woo-shik, pouted at him. Who has the heart to reject his request?

"Okay okay, fine, hyung." He smiled.

They found a table fits for five people. Jeongguk took in the ambience of the place. It feels almost like home, with new cooked meals, people talking and laughing, tables are never empty. It was, a place where you can feel home. And if you like people-watching, then this place is for you. A place where you will ask yourself the question: Are they really happy? Maybe yes, for a while. But the now is important than those of tomorrows and yesterdays. Sonder, the realization that everyone have their own lives, complex on its own.

His doe eyes are shining brightly, as if they are smiling. Then, his eyes landed on his smile. Yoongi's smile. It was a half smile at first, and Jeongguk silently watched him.

How does his big smiles looks like?

Then he smiles so big, so big that the joy reached his beautiful subtle cat-like eyes, botton nose scrunching. It was the most genuine, beautiful, smile Jeongguk have ever seen in his 26 years of living here on Earth. He looks pretty.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

He doesn't know, or is afraid to admit, that his heart is thumping rapidly, for the boy he used to hate. Or he believed he do.