Chapter 11

Monday morning, I wake up and get ready, putting on a blue tee shirt, boyfriend jeans, and black Vans. I grab my black bag, then head to school. What happens when I get there is, memorable.

I open the front door, and standing in all his glory, is Rider Calloway. Him, and some of the football players, including Trystan and Flynn, are holding a huge sign that says, "HOMECOMING?"

I flush with embarrassment, but not for me. That stupid motherfucker that can't listen worth a shit. I walk up to him smiling, and hug him. When he hugs me around the waist I whisper in his ear, "Not in a million fucking years, Rider Calloway." Then I walk away.

Everyone is clapping, but they slowly realize I rejected him, and they all leave.

All my morning classes pass by, with glares from the Rider Calloway fan club. At lunch, I find a seat inside, with Brooklyn and Cali, who look really sad.

"Why the long faces?" I ask them.

"We actually though you would say yes to him, Sterling. We encouraged him." Brooklyn says.

"You know my expectation." I say, and start on my food. I've taken half a bite, and my food is taken from me. "Hey!" I yell, and turn to see Rider. Flynn is behind him clutching my food.

"I've brought you some food, Sterling." Rider says, and plops down the black to-go box that was in his hand.

I roll my eyes, but open the box anyway. In the food compartment is wings, and fries. Taped to lid is a little poster, I read it aloud. "I've never asked anyone to homecoming before, so I'm gonna wing it. Will you go with me?" I blush. This beat my expectations. Whoever thought Rider Calloway would be the one to do it. I figure I'll mess with him a little bit first.

I turn around to face him. "Technically you already asked me this morning." I point out. The smile that was in his face, drops. But I. Ant hold it in. I grab his waist and hug him hard. "You did it." I whisper, smiling.

He pulls away, just enough to see my face. "Really?" He asks, uncertainty all over his face.

I roll my eyes. "Yes. Rider. I'll go to homecoming with you." He lifts me and twirls me in a circle, like in one of this movies. Unfortunately, I hate those movies. "Put me down right now, Rider, or I take it back." He drops, me almost, but then he dips me.

"I win, princess." He whispers. Then stands me up straight and walks out of the cafeteria. I then realize that every single person is looking between me and Rider.

"Oh, get on with your lives." I say, and sit down to eat my delicious looking wings.

Before I can take a bite, Brooklyn slides the to-go box over to her, and takes the sign down. She looks at me. "This is what you wanted?" She asks, amusement all over her face that only I can see.

Then I lie to her for the first time ever. "Yes. That's the only reason I told him yes. I said I wanted something funny."

"You don't like him?" She asks, an eyebrow raising in question.

And I lie to her a second time. "Of course not."

**************

Monday I have off from volleyball, so after football practice Rider comes over so I can tutor him some. We really haven't been doing that well with the tutoring, but we have been hanging out a lot.

He struts into my room, just as I'm changing into a sweatshirt. "Hello, gorgeous," he starts, but halts as soon as he realizes I'm not wearing a shirt.

Not to be cocky, but I'm pretty comfortable with my body. I don't have a six-pack, but my muscles are kind of defined. I just stand there in my sports bra and spandex shorts. "Like something you see?" I smirk at him.