Prologue

Late April, 2017

Nakahara Chuuya.

It was a name that the entire world knew. Very few people walking about with anything more than a toe dipped into culture hadn't heard of him: the most famous model in Yokohama and one of the most famous on the entire face of the earth.

Chuuya's looks, like any model's, were what set him apart the most. Firstly, he was short. Shorter than any other model in his league, and by a long shot. Of course, that was a minor detail when one took in his curly, flaming red hair and the deepest, most piercing blue eyes. The sharp angles and planes of his face were unique in a place like Yokohama, and he had the knowing smile of a heartbreaker.

On top of such devastating good looks, Chuuya was widely known in the public eye for his gracious and good-natured disposition. He spent time talking to fans and answering questions for interviewers—provided they weren't too prying, but in the event that they were, Chuuya would simply give them a nice smile and move on to the next question. Though there had been many times when he got a little too loud or a little too foul-mouthed, he was rarely impolite.

It made perfect sense that he was one of the most highly-sought-out models in the world. Inside and out, Chuuya was considered by many to be the most beautiful person in all of the human population.

The only problem was that Nakahara Chuuya didn't feel very human at all.