Part 8 - Vet on Duty

5:05 AM on the dot.

It's been 2 days since Isabelle left the Isla.

She appreciated the Isla so much but she needed to go somewhere that no one will judge her.

Home.

2 days ago, she decided to go back home sa bahay nila sa Zambales. She had to leave kasi hindi na niya maatim magstay sa Isla seeing Reese bitterness.

She remembered the pain she felt 3 years ago.

Now she finally met the man behind the Fix marriage. The man who was her future husband 3 years ago.

She sighed.

I just wish it was all a not so beautiful dream that when morning comes when I woke up, the memory will fades away.

She said to herself habang nakatitig siya sa kawalan.

Dati, she just dream of having her freedom now she dreamt that one day all the stressful things will all gone by then, na kahit ang kapalit ay ang kalayaan niya.

Ringggggg....ringggggg.....!!!

Her phone suddenly rang with an unknown telephone number.

"Hi, This should be Ms. Dela Fuerte, right?"

The woman said on the other line. It sounded so familiar to her when the woman have spoken on the other line.

"Ahuh..?"

She even nodded.

"Hi hija, this is Mrs. Montenegro. Remember me?"

Saad ng matanda sa kabilang linya.

Isabelle became speechless. Gulat ang unang naging reaksyon niya.

Nagtataka ito kung bakit at pano nalaman ng donya ang numero nito.

Private ang number niya but how come this old woman got the chance to have her number.

"Oh.. you maybe thinking where I got your number. Haha. Natatawa ako hija, because to all the world na magbibigay ng number mo is my Apo, it was Reese."

Sagot nito na parang nabasa nito ang iniisip niya.

"Huh? Reese?"

Another thing to be shocked. What on earth are these Montenegro clan doing which interests her.

"Ahh. Hija I'm so happy, you got to exchange numbers at the Isla even though you left so urgent."

Gulat na lumaki pa ang mga mata nito sa di pagkapaniwalang ganun ang nakarating na draft of her stay at the Isla.

With the old woman's revelation, it seems she was so interested with Reese to give her private number.

Kinamuhian niya ang anggulo sa isip ng matandang ito na parang love interests ang pinunta niya sa Isla. The old lady even smirked as Isabelle felt na parang kinikilig ito sa binubuong story sa isip ng matanda.

"Ah-ahm so-sorry madam, but I don't think we are on the same page?"

Anong binabalak mo Reese. Why should you even told this old woman that we have exchanged numbers.

Bulong ni Isabelle sa sarili. Naasar siya on what Reese was trying to play.

"Oh come on hija, I was also so happy and surprised knowing that you are in good terms with my Apo. Don't be shy. In fact, I like it, maybe you get a long together sometime and make it up.. You know. For the sake of old times."

Natatawa na naaasar si Isabelle. It seems iba ang nga ang nakarating dito  sa mga nangyari sa Isla.

"Look Ms. Montenegro. I actually don't know where you are coming from with all this.. this kind of story you had. But I don't think you are very right on your assumptions. Hmm.."