I Will Live On

I cried myself to sleep last night. I still can't accept the fact that I won't be in this world for long.
The morning sun was too bright. Groaning, I buried my face into my pillow. I heard Dirk chuckle and sighed. He stroked my head as I looked up at him. "Good morning..." I groaned as I sat up. Dirk kissed my forehead and gave me a glass of water. I know he's trying his best to help me but it won't help at all. It made me feel bad that I smoked a lot in the past. I've been a horrible person in the past. It makes me want to hate myself. But maybe, just maybe, I'll stay strong just for Dirk.

I had to stay in bed for the whole day. I felt better, but it wasn't like I could go outside and run around. I laid down on my bed with Dirk smiling at the side of my bed. He sighed and looked at me as I stared up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry you have to go through all of this." He said his smile fading. I clenched my fists. "It's fine. Why was I born anyways?" Dirk's eyes widened. "D-Don't say that! You were meant to be born! You're special to everyone... Especially me... I love you..." I sat up and looked at Dirk with a worried look. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make you cry...I love you too... Please...Don't cry..." I hugged Dirk and breathed slowly. Now I know...I have a reason to live. I will live on ...For Dirk.