EP 1: Stars Arise

[Stars. Those loathing, despicable stars.]

[I shall topple them down, to never let them match my eyes.]

[Never again.]

[END]

'So strange...'

I thought as I was walking down the streets, a book in my hand.

The book had appeared one day, on my office desk.

The binding and the pages seemed new, but the overall aura of the book told me otherwise.

Also, the book's protagonist had the same name as me, Lucas. He also had the same background and backstory as mine.

Not wanting to bother myself further, I closed the book, put it in my bag, and walked away.

Thinking about this now, I think that I should've thought more about the book.

However, I never knew what would come to me, therefore not paying closer attention.

The book was, in fact, a prophecy that I did not realize.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hello."
"Hi."
"Hi."

After a quick matchup of 'hello's and 'hi's, I sat down at my desk in the office.

The company I worked at, Lumosoft, was a medium-large IT software company that had quite a lot of corruption in it.

Just look at my superior, James.

Talking about the devil, he came to my desk.

"Hello, Lucas."

"Hello."

"Hello, sir."

"Sir." I added.

"Young kiddos! They don't have honor and respect." Said James, aggressively.

I kept myself quiet; James was the nephew of an even higher superior in the company, so everyone was smart enough to keep quiet and just nod to his 'quality talk'.

Everyone, except for one.

"Sir, I would like to add the fact that not everyone is talented enough to learn to respect people fast enough like others." Said Ava.

Ava and I were part of an internship program of Lumosoft, and we were the only qualifiers. But unlike me, Ava had the love of the boss (I still do not know how she had done that) and even suck-ups like James knew not to say anything.

"Let's go, Lucas."

And I was the only friend of Ava inside the company.

At lunchtime, Ava and I sat down at a table and were eating our lunch. The park was very green and clean, just like it had just been made. It was very peaceful.

Very peaceful, until a supernatural thing happened.

[The tale of disasters and apocalyptic scenarios awaken.]

Square text, just like we were in a game, appeared in front of our eyes.

"W-what is this?" Ava questioned.
And suddenly, a voice, sounding like something coming out from a speaker, started speaking on top of us.

"Haha!! Seems like your luck has ended, puny beings."

A voice, that spoke a line that was very familiar to me.

"All of you have lived good lives, huh?! Sleeping, eating, and living for free!!"

"Well, now all of that is o-ver!" It said as it maniacally laughed.