The car ride

"Walk faster." Masky scolded as he looked back at me.
The forest was early and bright. Bright and early. It's morning. I didn't have my coffee yet, this is what my life has come to. I hate walking.

"I could just use teleportation." I kicked a pine cone away cursing at this nonsense.

"You'd tire yourself out before we're even there." E.J said trying to reason it out.

Rolling my eyes I tried to speed up, "Who cares, sleep is for noobs."

Hoodie chuckled looking at Masky, "I'm so glad I had my camera close." He said hushed, but I heard.

Masky laughed a little while E.J shook his head.

"What?" I asked, "when? How? Why?" I thought, "who? ...How many more things can I ask?"

"A lot." E.J said, "But it's not important." He started walking next to me, "you packed lightly." He started a new subject.

"You guys told me to." I shrugged, "I don't see why I'd need much more anyway."

"One word." E.J said, "six letters."

"Fuck?" I guessed, "That's four letters. How about potato?"

"Kidney!" E.J laughed, "how did you not guess that?"

"I don't know, there's loads of words with six letters." I said.

"Like what?" E.J challenged.

"Waffle, gaming, brains—" I got cut off.

"We're here." Masky said.
I looked trough the trees to see a parking lot.
There was a big grass valley behind it ending in a highway.
A road let to that highway, I figured we'd have a long way to go.

Out of the car stepped Jeff and Toby. "Took you long enough." Jeff said as greeting.

Masky pointed at me, "she's slow."
Hoodie pushed down his arm and E.J shook his head in disappointment.

I glared, "I could have teleported, but no, Masky says I've got to walk."

Jeff chuckled before getting back into the car, "wait!" E.J said alarmed, "you're not gonna drive!"

Getting back out Jeff glared at E.J, "why not, I've got a license!"

"A fake one." Toby reminded him grinning.

Jeff glared before Masky took his place, "Hoodie will be in the passenger seat, the rest of you can get in the back."

Sitting down it was hell.
Toby, Jeff, me and E.J sat in awkward silence as Masky and Hoodie talked about boring stuff.
The car was big so our shoulders didn't touch or anything. What made this uncomfortable was that neither of us spoke up.

So I spoke up, "can we stop at a Starbucks?"

Hoodie said no and continued his conversation.

"How about a somewhere they sell waffles?" Toby asked.

This time Masky said no. A while passed before Jeff spoke up, interrupting their conversation.

"But can't we stop somewhere with—"

Masky pulled over quickly before turning back to glare at us, "I'm not going to listen to you guys bickering for 10 fucking hours!!" He yelled.

I stopped laughing and frowned, "10 hours? That's so long!"

Toby and Jeff protested as wel before Hoodie shushed us, "we can't make the roads any shorter, just suck it up please."

Me and Jeff chuckled at his question before Masky started driving again.

"But," E.J spoke up carefully, "are you sure we can't stop-"

Masky and hoodie both said no at the same time.
Jeff, Toby and me laughed at E.J, we hadn't expected him to join in.