prologue

Akutagawa was sitting in his favorite cafe, doing his work, enjoying the silence and drinking his way too sweet tea, when suddenly a soft voice broke him out of his trance.

"Excuse me?" said the sweet voice. It belonged to a silver haired man with a haircut a tab bit too weird to be considered normal.
"Do you mind if i sit here?" said the man. "The cafe is full."
And the caffe was indeed a bit more clustered than normal.

"No. I mean- its fine you can sit here." Akutagawa said, a bit embarrassed about his formerly misleading words, but not showing it.

The man seemed to have some common sense, as he sat quietly minding his business and seemingly writing his homework.
Akutagawa didnt fail to notice the way the man put four sugar cubes in his tea. But who was he to judge, he himself put three sugar cubes in his tea on daily basis.

Akutagawa didn't fail to notice his undeniable beauty either. The way his uneven bangs fell a bit over his eyes, making it annoying to see clearly. The way his glasses slid down when he looked at his notebook, needing of him to push them back up. His slender fingers writing in a surprisingly neat handwriting.
The way the sunlight shone just right on his face, making him look even more ethereal.

Akutagawa stopped before his thoughts went anywhere they weren't supposed too. He never showed interest in anyone, so why this stranger entranced him so much was undeniably something he wanted answers to.

"You put four sugar cubes in your tea?" asked Akutagawa.
"Ah- yes, you see where i grew up sugar was a privilege, so i tend to use it a lot now days."
The stranger responded blushing, slightly embarrassed about being caught.

There was a hint of a smile on Akutagawas face. Another thing Akutagawa never does.
"Dont worry," Akutagawa responded. "There are three sugar cubes in my tea right now too. Same reason as you, they were a privilege to have in my childhood."

"Really?" the stranger asked, lighting up a bit.
" So you know about the chocolate?" he asked.
"Of course, the more you had the more respected you were."
Responded Akutagawa, chuckling slightly.

"You know, once i saved up three hundred chocolates."
Said the stragner proudly, about to continue so Akutagawa didn't coment yet.
"-But then i ate just chocolate for two days straight so i passed out from hunger." Finished the stranger.

Akutagawa and the man shared stories of their childhood for hours upon hours in the atmosphere of the cozy cafe. Quickly enough, despite Akutagawa not wanting the moment to end, it was closing time so a waitress asked them to leave.

"Hey-" asked the stranger.
"Could i get the name of the person i just talked about my childhood too for the whole day?" said the man, with a silly smile and a joking expression on his face.

"Akutagawa Ryuunosuke." he responded, again, for the first time in forever, with a slight smile on his face.
"Nice to meet you Akutagawa." said the man. And as if he was reading his thoughts, he responded.
"Im Atsushi Nakajima."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

From that faithful day, Atsushi and Akutagawa always seemed to find eachother in the cafee Inori. Falling into a sort of routine.

Akutagawa would do his work at the Port mafia and anything he had to finish or catch up on, he would do in the caffe Inori.
Atsushi, after finishing his classes would come to the caffe and do his homework.
They would sit together and drink their too sweat tea for the rest of the day.

Between them was always a calming and cozy atmosphere, maybe it was the caffe itself, or maybe it was they're growing crush on eachother after the months they spent together. After all, Akutagawa tought, hanging out with such a carefree, sweet, caring, pretty, handsome, person would do that to you.