❄️𝕊𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕪'𝕤 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖❄️

The Guardians were now at the last child

The Guardians were now at the last child. Jamie. It took them most of the night to collect the teeth of every child, almost forgetting to give coins back. But they were special, giving candy canes, easter eggs, and even a whole Christmas tree.

As soon as they arrived, Jack left for a moment and went back to the cave, sighing in relief to see Yoltzin's kids still sleeping. He leaned on the cave wall and watched them, glancing up at the moon. "I'll bring her back, I promise."

.·:*¨❄️¨*:·.

"Left central incisor, knocked out in a freak sledding accident," Tooth informed, looking at Jamie's toy. "I wonder how that could have happened, Jack?"

Jack chuckled, looking at Jamie's drawing hung on the wall. "Kids, huh?"

Tooth gave him a pointed look and smiled as she collected the tooth and placed the coin under Jamie's pillow. She smiled softly as she looked at the sleeping boy.

"This was always the part I liked the most," she smiled. "Seeing the kids. Why did I ever stop doing this?"

"It's a little different up close, huh?" Jack smiled as he recalled the kids in the cave.

"Thanks for being here, Jack. I wish I had known about your memory," she smiled, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I could've helped you."

"Yeah, well, look. Let's get you taken care of. Then it's Pitch's turn, huh?"

Tooth smiled, nodding at his words before being quiet to admire Jamie. "How was it like...being with her if I can ask."

Jack sighed, leaning on the bed. "Even though she couldn't talk to me or see me. She was the only person I can be around. I would usually direct her in a different direction and she wouldn't bat an eye at it. Yoltzin would always get cranky when the kids would sometimes run out. Even when she was supposed to be asleep, she would fly out and scold them for hours.

"I wouldn't know what she would say in her Nauatl language but it was funny when she would later cry for hours for being mean to the kids," Jack chuckled as Tooth saw the small glint in his eyes.

"But there is always that moment that I wouldn't hesitate to see more of," he muttered. "When it's raining at night, she would always go outside and stand there for hours and relax. She looked more of herself, you know? I would be across the world and I hear it was raining, I would rush back to see her..."

Tooth's eyes softened, "You like her."

"What?" he blinked. "What?" he frowned.

Tooth chuckled. "It's fine. She is beautiful–"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" he stood up and chuckled in disbelief. "I don't like her like that. Sure, I was always with her every second for 300 years. I'm just very observant," he crossed his arms.