Valentine's Day Special!

---
Peonies symbolize love and beauty...
---
(This isn't canon to the storyline, but I thought it might be fun to make! :))

You set your book down softy to investigate the notification you heard from your phone. You'd woken up an hour earlier by an unusual crashing noise, and after that you couldn't settle down enough to drift off again, so studying seemed like a good use of time.

You type in your password and read the new message eagerly.

- - -

Kugisaki, Maki, You

Kugisaki
Hey! I went ahead and made a group chat for us-- how's a girls day out for Valentine's Day sound if you guys don't have plans?

'Valentine's Day! I'd completely forgotten about that... I don't plan on doing anything else today, so this could be fun!'

You
that sounds fun! are there any places in particular you'd want to go to?

Maki
I'm in. How about we hit a cafe and then go shopping?

You
yeah, that works for me! I totally forgot about valentine's, so i still need to buy obligatory gifts anyways.

Kugisaki
Then that settles it! At 10:00 AM let's skip breakfast and have brunch at a crepe cafe, then we can decide where to shop from there. (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

- - -

You smile and go back to scribbling down notes. It feels reassuring to have friends that are actually interested in spending time with you, instead of just saying "hi" when the two of you pass as a courtesy.

"Ah... I'm too excited to focus on my studies any longer," you sigh as you grab your sketchbook. "There's still about 3 hours until we leave, so I might as well pass the time with some drawing," you deliberate. Snuggling into a cushy corner of your bed, you slowly lose yourself in random little doodles and imaginative daydreams.

 Snuggling into a cushy corner of your bed, you slowly lose yourself in random little doodles and imaginative daydreams

• • •

Finishing off the shading on a smaller drawing, you check you see how much time has passed. '9:30 already? It's a good thing I decided to look... I might've been late otherwise.' You admire your new drawings one last time before closing the cover on top of them and laying the book on a shelf.

Gazing out the window, you notice the sun is much brighter than it was when you woke up. "Winter's ending, so I guess that mean shorter dark hours, too. That's a shame-- I always liked that kind of environment," you mumble as you heave yourself out of bed.