Chapter 2: Tale of the Wanderer Mage (Rimuru x Majo no Tabitabi)

Work done by @elite3532 and @ParadexTM .

Enjoy ;)

Rimuru POV

I had been sitting on a comfortable tree branch using enhanced vision magic making it possible for me to look at places that are out of reach...a simple enhancement spell nothing special..

Rimuru: (She's doing chores again)

Right now, I was on a branch a few mountains away from Elaina and her teacher, observing them.

I would come here from time to time and watch Elaina grow since she had shown me that determination...for a single instant, I saw your reflection in her...

Something that a 4 years old kid shouldn't have...at that moment I was sure, Elaina was made for magic.

Also she looks a lot like her mother when she was young and to a degree where it could have been Victorica and not her.

Returning to Elaina's training...

It isn't unusual to use your kohai to do chores. It's like a deal, you are the one teaching them magic and in return they help you with basic things.

Naturally, there should be no issue if you respected those two conditions.

But the Stardust witch didn't...instead she has been abusing Elaina...not in a physical way but more mentally.

Right now, Elaina is the same as a slave who has access to clothes and food...

Speaking about the Stardust witch, I do remember her...she was introduced to me by Victorica decades ago, a young witch who had some potential.

At Least enough to become Victorica's disciple...

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has it been a month already? I had been observing them quietly and didn't intervene as I had no serious reason for that.

Nothing changed as Elaina continued her boring chores without touching the magical field in any way.

But fortunately, on this fortunate day...Fran finally decided to train her or more likely, i closed my eyes and decided to stop my observation for now.

Their training must have been rough judging by the change in climate, the rain and clouds turning darker...

But suddenly, my eyebrow twitched as I felt an irregular flow of magic, it was different than normal and could easily be distinguished as the mana was distorted.

I quickly activated my enhanced vision and focused on them...and as expected, the flow of mana in their area was disturbed.

The source of this phenomenon is Elaina...what a cheeky brat, heh.

I chuckled a little as I watched in amazement a little girl replicating one of my spells.
This girl is definitively a genius for magic...i was right, she will go even further than me.

Because the magic she just unleashed is inaccessible even for the strongest witch...maybe Victorica could have done it if she trained years focused on that.

But a kid who is barely 14 did it!

Rimuru: kuhaha...hahaha...haaaa

I could only laugh, satisfied with her performance...but the next scene made my mood drop by a lot.

I was a little too unfocused and forgot about Elaina herself...this last month had put a lot of pressure on her.

She must have felt countless negative emotions...i didn't do anything because there was no reason but also because i knew this will benefit her as a witch later.