Beginning of Introductions

Yosano Akiko gazed at the redhead who only stared at her blankly, as if uncomprehending at her question.

The doctor and her longtime colleague, Edogawa Ranpo, had just finished a case when they found this redhead barely unconscious in an alleyway, passing out just before she lifted his body to take him to the agency.

The most obvious detail that the two had noticed about him was his outfit. The rather extravagant foreign clothing made it clear as day that he must be some rich kid. However, wherever he came from must be something only Ranpo likely already figured out.

(Speaking of Ranpo, he still hasn't shared anything he might have already learned, only mostly staring at the unconscious redhead with interest, which is quite rare for the usually bored detective.)

Yosano could only assume that the redhead may be a teenager, since he's still unconscious and it would be difficult to properly perform examinations on him. However, appearance can be deceiving (Ranpo being the prime example) and thus, she would have to ask the unconscious boy for confirmation.

The redhead is quite a looker, whose features were both handsome and delicate that he could easily pass for a model. He had a slim build, but had plenty of muscle that showed that he likely took regular exercise. Luckily, apart from his paleness, the redhead at least seemed healthy enough that he wasn't underweight, or worse, starved.

The doctor of the Armed Detective Agency continued to wait for a response from the obviously confused redhead, who opened his mouth.

"Who are you?"

Yosano blinked at the use of what was clearly a foreign language she was unfamiliar with.

Well, this was a problem.

.

.

Cale wasn't sure what to feel towards the woman standing besides him. It doesn't help that he still felt a bit out of it.

He was cautious towards her, which is not unfounded considering he just woke up in a completely unfamiliar place and his clothes were changed by a stranger in his sleep.

However, it was unlikely that she was his kidnapper, since he still remembered how he was found by her earlier (and wasn't there a man with her? Where was he?). And the way she looked momentarily confused over what he had just asked seemed to support this theory.

But Cale was befuddled by this. Contrary to what the everyone believed, the redhead actually did somewhat kept up with his studies in secret. As far as he knew, even if there were places that had their own language, the entire Western Continent had a common language, but the words this woman spoke were completely unfamiliar and she didn't seem to recognize what he had just said either.

It also seemed very unlikely that she was uneducated. She clearly held some professionalism and experience from the way she held him as if she had done this before. She also looked cleaner than most commoners he had seen.

The women seemed to ponder about something just as she helped him properly sit on the bed without her support. She then looked at him again as she pointed a finger at her self.

"Yosano."

Cale blinked, feeling confused for a moment before he realized what she seemed to be trying to do. He then responded back.

"Cale. Cale Henituse."

He supposed this was a start.

××××××××××××××××××××

Whatever medical stuff I'm writing in this story is most likely not accurate because I don't know anything when it comes to medical procedures or examinations, I'm just looking through Google lmao.

The reason why Yosano and Ranpo don't really comment on how old-fashioned Cale's outfit (Cale is wearing an extravagant suit) is other than it looks foreign is because it's not really that out of place in the BSD universe. Most BSD characters' outfits are old-fashioned and most members of The Guild, especially Poe, dressed similarly like Cale. Plus, the thought of being teleported from a different world wouldn't be someone's first thought (Except for Ranpo who probably had some sort of inkling, but didn't have enough evidence until Cale woke up).

To those wondering when is this taking place, I'm sorry but it's going to be in the next chapter. I wasn't able to reach the part with more characters because I rushed this since I had to go on a trip tomorrow.

For clarification:

• Cale is under the assumption that "Yosano" is her given name. He doesn't know that Japanese (and Korean) surnames come first.
• The bold dialogue is meant to show that Cale did not understand what Yosano was saying and vice versa.